Quick coilover question

Lee_2011

Hi all. Fitted a set of Tein superstreet coilovers to my car tonight but just wondered how everyone else who has this suspension, have you attached the flexi brake hoses to the strut as there isn't anything to attach them to? Also I measured the length of thread like it says to in the instruction manual and the fronts measure 70mm and the rears 50mm. Obviously this is too much right? Also what setting do you adjust the top mounts to? I can post pics of the top mounts tomorrow to show what setting they are now?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
You're probably best taking it somewhere to get the alignment setup. - You can do it yourself, but not just by eyeballing it.

skiddusmarkus

You can use a peice of hosepipe slit down the middle then cable tied on.I have the fronts set at -1.5 degrees and the rears at -1degrees.

Trip

Also what setting do you adjust the top mounts to?
each car and even side to side on the same car would be different to get the desired camber. You need to set them up at a proper geometry alignment shop. Toe would be off anyhow if you lowered it or changed the camber.

johnsy

i tend to leave the camber on my D2's at around -0.5 deg on the front , i only set it to max (-1.5ish) if its on the track, negative camber can and will destoy a good set of tyres if your just trundling round the doors as i found out recently,
you can get a cheap camber tool off ebay for about £20

Lee_2011

I got them All sorted now. Was towing out alot so got that sorted. Only thing now is that there is an annoying knocking sound coming from the back. Anyone else had this or know what that could be? Thanks, Lee.