QUAIFFE BOX INFO

A

Anonymous

I know some of you guys have the quaiffe geaset so here are my questions?

What diff is included in the quaiffe gearset is it the ATB?Is this an extra charge and is this included ?

Is this a reliable piece of kit as Ive heard some people had had teething problems so would like to hear about it..

What parts are needed from my current box to go into the quaiffe?Ive heard I need the baulk rings etc what do they do I am just learning on these things.

Alos what is the approx price of fitting this gearset into my box?Is £900 the norm?

E

Edd

The quaiffe DOESNT come with a diff at all, i don't think quaiffe make one for our car........yet.

As far as i know it's reliable, far more so than std gearsets, and certainly appeears an easier gearset to fit than other alternatives.
Ask Ian i'm sure he'll tell you how good it is, and the costs.
as for fitting, depends if your engines out or not already ;)
If its out, Ian said he'd only charge 2 hours to fit the gearset so the box is about £2100 plus vat when engine is out, and that includes gearset, new baulks, new syncros and new selector forks.
with quaiffe you get all new gears and new input shaft, so you need complete old gbox minus those parts.

See we can be nice to you if you ask a sensible question :wink:

A

Anonymous

He has tempted me this week to get one in.I thought that quaiffe must had made diffs are there famous for those and do them for bikes.

When I put more power into my current box cause damage to my clutch and flywheel?As far as I know the box in mine is a close ratio(not dakaR)and not sure if its uprated or anything thats anyones guess.Is it better to change now or later if when it dies as Id rather change it later as theres nothing wrong with it but IMHO the gearing a bit close for me.

btw what does baulk do?

gtirpulsar

There was only 2 gearsets made as standard for the R. The standard one which will do 150 easy and the "dakar" set which topped out at 125.

Yes quaiffe make diffs. But the gearset is seperate to the diffs (even though the front rear diff assembly is bolted on to the gearcase)