Pulsar stalks to sunny stalks...

Nick K

Evening all.

Has anybody converted the stalks in there pulsar to uk sunny stalks so the indicators are on the right side so to speak!! ( Left ) I've purchased a set of sunny stalks but the plug is inverted on the lights stalk and the wipers only do fast wipe. My next mission was to pin out each stalk and basically work out what does what and swap the pins in the loom plugs accordingly. Has this been attempted before and or is there only info on it? I've had a look through the relevant selections but found nothing really?!
Cheers
Nick.

The Doc

Moderators
Staff member
Having had a look and ask about people have done it using matching stalks and its then plug and play.

Nick K

The plugs are identical to each other on the wiper stalk but the pin out must be different as it only give fast wipe and the sunny indicator plug is like a mirror image of the pulsar indicator stalk plug. I suspect the people who have done the conversion may have had some loom and plugs also off the UK sunny too and just grafted them onto the pulsar looms similar to when you fit the sunny UK fog light switch upgrade.

Nick K

Just had a look at the pin out on page EL-62. Looks like pins 2 and 3 are swapped on lighting stalk. Wipers should work regardless, and now I know what that extra plug is for... fog light lol...

Nick K

Done this conversion about 4 weeks ago. The wiper stalk plug is a straight swap. The lighting stalk plug is a mirror image of the pulsar plug so you either need to get the sunny loom with plug on end or get busy with the hacksaw as I did and separate the plug and swap the pin around to get it right on the pin out. All works fine and to be honest it's so much easier to drive as your not thinking about which stalk does what all the time .