Pulsar elec windows

MKK

Can anyone tell me the best way to service an electric window (i.e oil or grease the mechanism(s). Any help would be greatly appreciated. cheers folks

Jonesy

are you sure its not the window dropping forwards and jamming. If you pull the window back towards the rear of the car, does it go up ok.

davey red.r

yeah jonesy, i have to pull my window to the rear and it goes up ok,
no good when you have just spent 20mins cleaning the glass, only for there to be a big thumbprint on it:evil: :evil: :lol:

davey

marcymarc

davey red.r said:
yeah jonesy, i have to pull my window to the rear and it goes up ok,
no good when you have just spent 20mins cleaning the glass, only for there to be a big thumbprint on it:evil: :evil: :lol:

davey

thumbprint??? , dont you mean tongue smeer?? :lol:

Jonesy

Had that problem with another car i owned, it is a pain in the ar*s, never bothered fixing it though :lol:
Im sure it would be obvious if you remove the door card.

marcymarc

Jonesy said:
Had that problem with another car i owned, it is a pain in the ar*s, never bothered fixing it though :lol:
Im sure it would be obvious if you remove the door card.

Wanna sell your car??

Jonesy

Nah sorry bud, although my girlfriend is trying to talk me into selling it. Not long bought a house and just had a baby daughter. But im keeping hold of it, planning on putting it off the road for a while, rebulding the engine with forge internals etc, depending on cash anyway.
You still looking for an ivory / white one i take it. Is the one on ebay finished yet

265bhp gtir

MKK said:
Can anyone tell me the best way to service an electric window (i.e oil or grease the mechanism(s). Any help would be greatly appreciated. cheers folks
i use (mr shine) works fine after that

marcymarc

Jonesy said:
Nah sorry bud, although my girlfriend is trying to talk me into selling it. Not long bought a house and just had a baby daughter. But im keeping hold of it, planning on putting it off the road for a while, rebulding the engine with forge internals etc, depending on cash anyway.
You still looking for an ivory / white one i take it. Is the one on ebay finished yet

Yep still on the look out bud ,
I love your R, can remember it from a few years back when nismoboy had it,

give me a shout when you come to sell it.

P

pulsarboby

check the 2 10mm bolts at the bottom of door (central runner guide, elongate holes slightly if not enough movement)
pull bar toward rear of door slightly then tighten bolts, this takes the strain off the motor and will make your window run freely as it will slightly be tilting toward front of door and not pressing into rear guide;-)

if you keep your finger on the button as it is now (with window going up struggling) you will burn the motor out!

Jonesy

marcymarc said:
Yep still on the look out bud ,
I love your R, can remember it from a few years back when nismoboy had it,

give me a shout when you come to sell it.
Will do if i ever sell it, hopefully wont be though.
Cheers