Pulsar crank pulley from erics

O

Odin

I asked Eric's about having the damped gtir crank shaft pulley in stock, How many people would be interested in one ?.

He is on about having them made and wants to know if it would be worth while or not.

This isn't a group buy or for sale thread, Just something to gauge the viability of having something made for us by a supplier.

Rob

J

jpward

If he can get ARP to make them then great as long as it was not more than say $400 then would be great investment as they are designed to run up to 12,000 rpm i think and would resist falling apart the way stock ones do.

I'd be interested

O

Odin

Their must be a lot of people out there at the moment with 13-17 year old pulleys still being used as we speak, Now I think we should take this chance to get a good quality replacement made, Because I don't like the alloy ones at all......

One of the main problems we have as a club is that no one thinks long term apart from us oldies, The younger members just have a pulsar until they get bored of it and buy something trendier lol, So don't really think much into the future.

Rob

P

pulsarboby

Odin said:
One of the main problems we have as a club is that no one thinks long term apart from us oldies, The younger members just have a pulsar until they get bored of it and buy something trendier lol, So don't really think much into the future.
Rob

:-D :-D future! whats that rob?
us old bastads should be saving up for our funerals, not spending money on future investments like c/s pulleys for our motors:shock: , the days are numbered, give it another ten years tops, and me and you will both be pushing up the daisies, ive only given myself 3 years before i die in a horrific accident on track, so im hoping my standard pulley will last untill then.
then i can watch it burn, along with my body parts:lol: :lol:

youngsyp

Odin said:

Rob
Alright grandad. :lol:

I too think this is a great idea and I'm, neither young, nor old but, sit nicely in the middle. ;-)
However, not everyone has wads of cash to throw at the car or, indeed wants to. Most, I'm sure would prefer to replace a part when it needs replacing.

If we could get some fairly accurate projections of what this is likely to cost and, that cost is comfortably below that of the OE part, or indeed the lightweight, non damped replacements, I'm sure you'll have a better up take.

Or, you could 'spin a yarn' about what huge disaster would happen if the original crank pulley fails. Nothing get's people chomping at the bit, more that fear and terror ! :lol: