Pulsar coming back to life

MarkTurbo

Is that when they used plastic bearing cage and it got brittle with heat cycles?
Yes, such a pikey thing for a company like that to do :mad: Going back 10 years I don't think people realised this was the case, I think Owen developments used to strip them down from new and fit a metal cage for £150. Seems crazy when it would probably cost them an extra £10 max to do in production and I'm sure nobody buying one would have complained!

Doesn't surprise me though, a lot of big OEM manufacturers have design engineers that haven't got a clue about what happens in the real world or produce things that are effectively designed by the accounts dept ;)

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Yes, such a pikey thing for a company like that to do :mad: Going back 10 years I don't think people realised this was the case, I think Owen developments used to strip them down from new and fit a metal cage for £150.
They do, I think it was you that mentioned it years ago and I opted for the metal cage and heat shield to help with the heat transfer!

However that has been pointless as the turbo has never seen a hard days work in its life or even been over 1.0bar!!!

Hopefully next year I'll get to see the benefits of the upgrade!