propshaft movement

20vturbogaz

I was under my car today and i want to see how much movement was in my drive shaft . If i hold my drive shaft with my hand and turn it moves about 10mm to 15mm in rotation .Is this an acceptable tolerance for the gtir's drive-terrain .

any opinion would help me decide if i have a problem down under ;-)

Mr GTiR

There should be no movement at all i think? It sounds like the rubber mounts have pereshed. I'll check on my car tomorrow to see how much movement is on mine.

20vturbogaz

the rubber mounts are fine .it's the rotation of the propshaft i'm on about .

Keira

20vturbogaz said:
any opinion would help me decide if i have a problem down under ;-)
under 3inches when errect=problem
weeping from the tip=problem
spots on the helmet=problem
genital warts=problem
little bit of movement on the prop=no problem

P

pulsarboby

its fine gaz ;-) there is always gonna be some movement down below if there isnt any then your gutt will explode:shtf:

Braveheart

lol... I'm going to check mine out shortly.... obviously leaking fluid could be an issue.:oops:
Was procribed a fix years ago but just can't stay off the pop long to apply :doh:

20vturbogaz

cheers lads i was just checking to make sure all was fine before i put in the new box . :lol: also do any of you know how to strengthening my clutch fork ready for my rps streetmax clutch

Braveheart

I've just had an RPS max street clutch fitted.
I ploughed through the treads and decided not to try to stengthen the fork. I understood and agreed that the heating and cooling envolved would change the temper of the OEM fork.
I bought a new fork (with clip for pivot pin) and rubber gator. The clutch came with the nissan bearing.
The pedal action seems fine. Not heavy at all and very smooth.
The RPS clutch preasure plate looked like an OEM plate with and extra ring of fingers.
Just make sure you clean the spliens (wire brush) and apply some high temp lube on the shaft.

See...... I managed to keep that clean..... lol

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I've had my manky old clutch fork working my RPS clutch for about 18month now. No problems yet.

MORF114

i strenghtened mine on friday welded some 3mm steel to the back with little heat transfer into fork where the pivet point is as i think someone mentioned thats where pivot ball pushes through fork with heavy pressure plates, only did mine to be on safe side kinda bit me in ass a bit when i put it all together as fork was a bit too close to pressure plate. :doh: