progressive and agressive boost

allsmiles

hello there folks, just something playing on my mind and wanted to pick your brains!

i bought my gtir about 2 months ago and basicly it wasnt running the best it could and was in desperate need of a service, fuel pump, boost circuit rerouted, dizzy and rotor

i am pleased to say the car was responded well to the changes that have been made and is a million times better from when i picked it up, yet still sometimes there is a very slight hesitantcy at low rpm so i am going to have new fuel pump wires and have my air meter cleaned to see if that cures it

anyways the main reason for this post is about the boost delivery, at the moment my car is running 7psi(had it reduced from 1 bar until ive sorted all the gremlins out) when i floor the car from 1000rpm its all smooth til about 4000rpm which is all good nice boosting, but as soon as u hit 4000rpm there seems to be a pick up in torque and boosts more strongly-is this how the standard car pulls?

sorry if its just another silly post by me, but my pulsar is the only 1 ive driven past 4k lol and im used to my r5 gtt with its all or nothing boost!

spanks u alot :thumbsup:

Dooie Pop Pop

cleaning the air filter wire is pointless as its meant to clean itself, you could look at the maf earth though, there' s a how to guide on here somewhere.

the fuel pump wires is a good idea:thumbsup: when was the last tiime you changed the filter?

Keira

allsmiles said:
when i floor the car from 1000rpm its all smooth til about 4000rpm which is all good nice boosting, but as soon as u hit 4000rpm there seems to be a pick up in torque and boosts more strongly-is this how the standard car pulls?
im actually stunned into silence :der:

Aimee

Moderators
Staff member
That'll be that turbo thingy kicking in :lol: ;-)

Last edited:
P

pulsarboby

an office working girlie has just given you the right answer you should feel rather:oops: :oops: :oops: unless your winding us up of course:lol: :lol:

just have another beer kieron:lol:

allsmiles

Dooie Pop Pop said:
cleaning the air filter wire is pointless as its meant to clean itself, you could look at the maf earth though, there' s a how to guide on here somewhere.

the fuel pump wires is a good idea:thumbsup: when was the last tiime you changed the filter?
which filter u referring to mate?

allsmiles

pulsarboby said:
an office working girlie has just given you the right answer you should feel rather:oops: :oops: :oops: unless your winding us up of course:lol: :lol:

just have another beer kieron:lol:
lol i didnt explain myself properly! but im getting what seems like 2 stages of boost, it all nice and smooth until about 4k then u get this jerk and it pulls stronger, does the standard car pull smoothly all the way to the redline?

ive only other turbo car ive driven is my 5 turbo and thats basicly turbo lag until about 3k but u get the full dose of it all in 1 go, not a little bit then a bit more

am i still confusing myself lol :doh:

Sam_M

The ol Ren Turbos usually have all the power come in low revs then run out of puff due to the smaller turbos, they can feel quicker than a Pulsar depending how its setup but you usually find they arnt as quick. The Pulsar is alot smoother through the range and to the redline, altho standard power you hardly feel any turbo kick compared to a GTT and there is a bit of a surge noticed higher up the rev range, so that is probably what your noticing, I dont usually get a jerk tho.

allsmiles

ive had my fuel filter changed, it made it a bit better

when u say crap ignition system, what can u advise me to check? thanks :-D

Dooie Pop Pop

allsmiles said:
ive had my fuel filter changed, it made it a bit better

when u say crap ignition system, what can u advise me to check? thanks :-D
how old it is:lol: plugs, leads, dizzy, rotor arm, coil, ignition amplifier and all your earths:-D

allsmiles

Dooie Pop Pop said:
how old it is:lol: plugs, leads, dizzy, rotor arm, coil, ignition amplifier and all your earths:-D
plugs-ok
leads-unsure of age
dizzy and rotor-new
coil-unsure
ignition amplifier-unsure

but may aswell just renew these aswell as i was planning on replacing most of the old parts with new ones anyways

thanx