ProfecB has lost its settings - can anyone recommend someone to set it up in the NW?

paz

My car was previously tuned at Thor Racing, which is a couple of hours away. It was running 1.0 bar low boost, 1.2 bar high boost and went like a dream.

Unfortunately it appears that after sitting with a flat battery for several months, the controller has lost its settings - something which I didn't think could happen :doh:

So my question is, is there anyone in the NW who I can trust to set the controller back up to these previous settings, or should I take the journey down to Thor who did a good enough job last time!

Help - well depressed :cry::lol:

gtir_pimp

i thought the profec b 11 was supposed to keep the settings even if the battery went dead?! mines ok and the batt was disconnected the other day for a while! i have 1bar low and 1.2 high. want to try my settings if you can punch them in? its easy to punch the numbers in!

paz

Yeah I thought so too :roll: but hey ho, lifes a bitch and then you die eh :lol: ;-)

If you could give me your numbers that would be shit hot thanks fella :thumbsup:

When you scroll through and enter them do you have to do it with the controller set to low and then enter all, then change to high and enter?

Do you have any issues with spiking etc with your settings?

Cheers again :)

stumo

feck it off and get a dawes device, no spiking, no overboost, doesn't loose it's settings, nothing for a halfwit to mess with etc etc

gtir_pimp

-low boost -hi boost
-set 55% -71%
-gain 20% -20%
-set gain 100 -120
warning 140 -20%
limit 2% -2%

no spiking or anything, it was set up on the rollers and been great ever since. im sure you have to change from low to high when entering the settings. take it for a blast when done and see how it goes. keep an eye on your boost gauge

paz

So your warning is at 1.4 bar? Might drop that to 1.3 but looks ok besides that cheers :)

Thanks fella ;)

Stumo/Davey - I'll give this a go first and see how I get on cheers.

paz

That feels ridiculously quick fella, too quick I'd say - can you check them again for me?

On your numbers, whats the warning % figure here in bold:

warning 140 -20%
I can only set this at 1.30 or 1.40 (or another number) I have no % figure?

If anyone else has settings I'd appreciate if they could give me theres as well!

Cheers

Paz

gtir_pimp

That feels ridiculously quick fella, too quick I'd say - can you check them again for me?

On your numbers, whats the warning % figure here in bold:

I can only set this at 1.30 or 1.40 (or another number) I have no % figure?

If anyone else has settings I'd appreciate if they could give me theres as well!

Cheers

Paz
you do have a boost gauge dont you? what did it go to on the gauge at those settings? i will go out to my car and double check them after dinner!!

paz

I've been reading off the profec. Think I've got it sorted now, but had to mess with the settings a lot - to get 1 bar my low boost is set at 35%. High boost is 44%, it could go further but I'm not going to push it.

Cheers for the starting point tho :)

Godzilla

hey guys thought id jump on this thread as its a simular problem , anyway when i got the car the profec B had been messed with so wasnt boosting properly ,
here are the settings for 1bar on low setting

set 35%
gain 20%
set gain 31(note this does not display as %)
warning 180
limit 31%

i no there is something a miss as it doesnt pull strongly when hot (as if this numpty had set it up on cold) , in gtir_pimp's settings above set is higher than mine but gain is lower i know these work the same way as in you only have to play with gain % etc to mate the set go up (not on display but the way it reacts).my car had allready been set up for 1bar-1.2bar etc but as its all be lost i no these settings are incorrect even thought it is reaching 1bar it dont feel quick and soon drops off , im going to try gtir_pimps settings see if that is better then adjust to suite ,

paz

Just to update everyone on this, I went over to the Racing line in Halifax last Friday.

I couldn't recommend it more, the guys were friendly and knew their stuff, and Matt the mapper was more than patient with my endless questions! lol. He also took the time to look at a few other bits and pieces on the car that I wasn't even there for. And watching him work was seriously impressive, if not a little scary!

Car is now putting out 317bhp and 300lb/ft torque, and pulls FOREVER!! It feels a lot quicker than it was before!

So, if you need a recommendation - give these men a go.

Paz

paz

What did it cost Paz to have set up as think there the closest to me with decent knowledge of the pulsar
180 quid pal, but that covered set up of my fueling through the safc as well. I'm going back again tomorrow as the settings have dropped again :roll: