Profec B Spec 2 help

SUSS8

I was wondering if anyone can help me with installation in the Gtir. I hooked mine up as to instructions in the leaflet. I set it for low at 12psi and 14psi for hi.

But i can't get anything over 7-8psi. Can anyone help at all as far as how to hook it up and settings for low boost 9psi and hi 14psi ?

Thanks in advance.

Muss

gtir_pimp

if its set up correctly you could have a weak actuator spring. was it running higher boost before? you could try a bleed valve to see if it will go above 8psi and if it doesnt then it will be the spring unless theres a fault elsewhere

SUSS8

These are my current settings,

Lo
Set 40% (~12psi was told 10psi but clearly not)
Gain 13%
Set Gain 83
Warning 130
Limiter L.10%

Hi
Set 50% (14psi)
Gain 10%
Set Gain 78
Warning 150
Limiter L.

But I'm not sure if I've connected the unit up correctly

SUSS8

I have it going from actuator to profec solenoid and 3 pieced from fuel reg to profec solenoid. Also blocked off the hose from the intake neck ?

SUSS8

ok i just had another look and i think i may have figured this out..... do I unplug the 2 hoses that go through the stock top mount IC, one comes from the plenun, the other goes to the actuator. then i unplug the stock boost solenoid and then where do I plug those two hoses? do I just block them off?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Yes. Bin the hoses in red and put the Profec where you've indicated (the right way around); should there be a third hose on it to read the boost pressure?

SUSS8

I worked it out. Runs beautifully now. My mate had originally helped me put it in and he had blocked off one of the plugs on the solenoid not knowing that it had to be left open. I took the plug off on the solenoid and it runs fine now.

I just need to find settings to run 9psi !!!

Thanks to everyone for their help !!

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
On which solenoid; the one you've just installed, or the one that is in the OEM setup?