Profec B boost problem, help!

J

JayRA

Hiya guys,

Just fitted my profec B spec II, and for some reason it will only run stock boost (0.7bar) on both high and low, no matter how much i increase the % set.

Can anyone help?

gtir_pimp

are you sure its installed properly. i mean are you quite confident at DIY etc? followed the instructions?!

J

JayRA

Well the guy i got the car off had already had it installed and set up apparently, but when i bought the car he stated that the controller was broken.

Just fitted a new controller and now having the above problems :(

Checked through the whole set up and seems to be ok from what me and my friend can see?

gtir_pimp

did you change the pressure tank thing which should look like a black box what the boost pipes go to inthe engine bay or just the controller in the car?

J

JayRA

Do you mean the solenod?

No i haven't changed it, just the controller box its self.

Pretty sure the solenoid is working fine, as it wouldnt be holding boost otherwise?

gtir_pimp

solenoid could be fcukd,if its only holding standard boost it could be just running off the actuator! how did the bloke know it was just the controller and not the solenoid or was he just guessing?

kenan

South West Regional Rep
I'v got a faulty box (I think) so if you don't need yours I'll take it off your hands?

D

deanogtir

i have the same problem. my 1 is brand new, i take it with the boost soleniod pipes just swap over to the greddy soleniod