Problems fitting Denso 550s'!

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
Having done some searching (eg http://www.gtiroc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39402&highlight=fitting+injectors), I've established that the Denso 550cc injectors I've got should fit my R fine.
(195500-1370)

Dismantling the fuel rail and the fitting the 550s fit is straightforward, but try and refit the fuel rail and I find that the nozzles on the 550s' are bigger than the 444s' and will not fit ; they are physically too big!

Nozzle size is 11mm diameter.

Can anyone help ?

Cheers,

donpulsar :)

JIMMYBACK

i found when fitting my injectors they where a fcukinf tight fit it was due to the rubber rings.the nossle was bigger than the standard injectors but after a few minutes(50mins) i fitted them.at least there not gonna leak

donpulsar

As you found it a tight fit can i ask how you "persuaded" them to fit in, as I dont want to damage the nozzles ? As for the rubber rings, I cant even get near them as the nozzle tips sit in the "cup" where the rubber rings sit!

AAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

JIMMYBACK

get some piccy up and point to where the problem lies...........i just kept twisting them till they fitted.............. mind you just thinking of it my where meant for a skyline r33

JIMMYBACK

silly question but you not putting another set of rubber on the injectors are you? i mean the one by you thumb in the piccy?

cmng

i remember it not direct fit
you need some effort to fit it
put some fuel as lubricant and push it

donpulsar

Not using a second set of rubbers ; they came with some on but made sure the 444 ones were out. But the rubbers dont matter at this point as I can only just get the tip in before it wont go any further due to the size difference. :(

The nozzles are a good few mm bigger than the 444s' so I think I've been sold the wrong size set ???????

rayman75

the OD of the nozzles should be the same size as the std one, its the holes where the fuel comes out of which are different size......well my are.

donpulsar

In that case these definately aren't for a Pulsar, due to the aforementioned nozzle size difference. Oh bum.

Ah well, will whack 'em on ebay and see what happens.

Cheers everyone for your help :D

donpulsar :)

Mark N

I was going to buy these injectors, thought the guy that was selling them was a bit pushy! Good job I went on holiday at the right time.