Problem with Clutch

Spikey

Ill start from the Begining.
I brought my Pulsar to get the Tracking sorted last week all was fine. (on and off the trailer).
After i picked it up and wantded to drive on to the trailer the clutch was slipping and it would not drive up.

After checking it i noticed the fluid being gray, so i bled it all thru with new fluid.
But the problem is that the pedal does not come all the way up again. Just no bite to the Clutch anymore.

Any Idear whats causing this?

johnsy

could be a number of things,worn friction plate,snapped fork,release bearing shot,you'll have to remove it to find out

pulsar_stu

Before you rip the gearbox off check the slave cylinder. The piston or seals might be worn and its getting stuck.
Remove the gator and pin then take the piston out.

Spikey

No, but was wondering how the fluid got gray as the car has not been used since November. And only used on trailer this months. That's why i don't understand it breaking.

P

pulsarboby

come on john you should know this being a mechanic and all:shock:
pretty simple stuff really

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
How did you bleed it? I've had it do that to me when I was pumping the pedal, but never when I've just gravity bled the clutch.

If you're sure the plate etc is OK, then I'd guess the seals have gone somewhere when it was sitting.