Problem (fitting)

Cathode

while mating the exhaust mani / gt28 garret to the head, the inlet on the turbo fouls the gearbox.
Different mani? What have others done? Any pointers please?

image.jpeg

Cathode

I have had another go and got it on so the the mani is flat to head. It does fit but it is too close. I'll never get an intake on, at least easily. Luckily I know a man who knows a man who can make me a10mm spacer for it. Waiting on that now.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Is that a 200SX turbo?

I know the Owen Dev GT28 I have from them was GTiR spec, but still came with a cold side 200SX housing.

I swapped around my old GTiR housing and it fitted perfectly!

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
People had problems years ago and I think they just shaved part of the gearbox off.

PS You might need longer studs with a 10mm spacer.

Cathode

Just a garret GT2871R as far as I know. The inlet is massive compared to the pulsar one so wanna keep it as I assume there is some advantage to having a big hole (cough). I did think about shaving the gear box but I'll see how I get with the spacer first.

Yes, you're right about the studs. Got some on order too. The originals might be OK as I've measured up and considered the 10mm loss but don't want to keep being pushed back by waiting on others. So sick and tired of running into small problems and having to wait for some poxy bespoke part or the like.

Anyway, should be ready mid next week. I'll post up some more pics for an update.

Cathode

Still waiting on a 10mm spacer for exhaust mani. I'll see how that goes first. Think I'll get away with it .