Problem fitting a whiteline stut brace,container in the way!

L

lead

Got my whiteline strut brace the other day, there seems to be a small container in the way, so that my brace won`t fit! If you look at the pictures of spikey R in the members section, on the second picture from the bottum you can see there is a small container on the right side of the engine bay, right by the suspension mount. I have this on my car too, maybe power steering fluid. Has anyone had this problem? My car is LHD, maybe this is why the container is there??

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I'm not sure if that's the clutch fluid reservoir over on the right. Doesn't the whiteline clear it as on my car the strut doesn't overhang the turret at all. Just file abit of the whiteline brace to clear it if need be.
I'd have thought the bigger problem would be the item on the left hand side as you look at the picture. Although you can put the strut under this and rebolt it down there isn't alot of thread sticking up to bolt onto, so you maynot be able to do the nut up safely.

ki_saj_ng

defo clutch fluid, shouldnt think it would get in the way.

try what fastguy has said if not is there any way that u could repostion the container?

saj 8)

L

lead

Thanks for the help guys, I`ll probably have to relocate the container some how, as it`s pretty much in the way. It`s seems to fit okay on the left side though. Btw, where is the clutch container located on a rhd?