Pre Service Questions

ShayneG

Hi all, I am gonna service the R tomorrow :? - Hopefully :D

Is the Pulsar oil filter the same as the Sunny GTIR oil filter as I went to Ni$$an and they told me they were different and they cant get a pulsar one for 6 weeks :shock: However they do the the sunny ones in stock.

This is just a minor service as everything else seems o.k. but anything else worth doing as well ?

I've had 3 bad experiences with Ni$$an now over parts, it's as though you mention PULSAR and they run a mile :(

J

jasegould

same as the micra one IIRC, do a search and youll find the part number

J

J-GTi-R

I went to Ni$$an and they told me they were different and they cant get a pulsar one for 6 weeks
Tell them to stop being a bunch of cock jockys, they are the same. The one everyone uses has all sorts listed on the box, Micras, Primeras, 200SXs etc.

J

Jamz

I ordered one based on the part number that gtir.spares has on his site along with a fuel filter and clutch plate. They all fit perfectly. The only part I had to wait for was the clutch and that was only 1 day.

If you just give them part numbers and don't mention what it's for you shouldn't have any probs.

James

gtir303

its worth changing clutch and brake fluid as well also take off all the electrical plugs and clean them these are things people dont do and wonder why things go wrong,theres no such thing as a little service on and R your better off checking things propaly ,than getting upset when it goes wrong cause u didnt check it