Powerflex rear sub-frame bushes

1&onlygti-r

Just thought il let everyone no that ive been in touch with powerflex and they now have my rear subframe and will be making the 4 big main bushes in the subframe, they say it will take them approx 1 week to do, once i recieve it back il check it all fits ok then post some pics up.

GTIR-LOZ

yeah i have to drop mine to change the fuel pipes that run down the back of the frame so i might do that too if at a reasonable price8)

1&onlygti-r

finally got the subframe back today, one bush has been fitted so will try subframe saturday if all good i will then fit the other 3 il let you no how it goes

nismoboy

1&onlygti-r said:
finally got the subframe back today, one bush has been fitted so will try subframe saturday if all good i will then fit the other 3 il let you no how it goes

sounds promising, keep us informed im deffo up for a set of these.

1&onlygti-r

not sure ive got to send these pics to powerflex monday and its up to them when they process them i think that the 200sx ones are just short of £130 correct me if im wrong

Animaldaz

Do you have to cut the old bushes out? or can they be pressed out? And what is the central sleeve fit like over the captive stud shank? ie preferably nice and snug.
Could you ask powerflex to do a group buy for these (obviously with mods approval)as there seems to be substantial interest, might be a good idea to get prices for all the rear suspension bushes too as im sure most people will want to replace these if there removing the subframe.

1&onlygti-r

Odin said:
They look great matey, But you could of sorted out all that rust before putting it back together D'oh.

Rob
ive waited about 5-6 months for it to come back wanted to get it back together besides whos going to look underneath, looks or performance.

1&onlygti-r

Animaldaz said:
Do you have to cut the old bushes out? or can they be pressed out? And what is the central sleeve fit like over the captive stud shank? ie preferably nice and snug.
Could you ask powerflex to do a group buy for these (obviously with mods approval)as there seems to be substantial interest, might be a good idea to get prices for all the rear suspension bushes too as im sure most people will want to replace these if there removing the subframe.
you leave the outer sleave in and press the inner sleave and rubber out, they fit really nice and snug. il speak to them about prices for groub buys on the subframe bushes and the rear suspension bushes.

1&onlygti-r

GTIR-LOZ said:
have you noticed any difference from having these fitted
cars not ready to be driven yet got quite alot more to do on the car before its ready to be on the road so dont no how much difference they will make

Animaldaz

GTIR-LOZ said:
have you noticed any difference from having these fitted
I would imagine there isnt much difference in feel between having these fitted and using a whiteline align and lock kit like myself and alot of other members have done. But the key fact is that you cant buy standard replacement bushes, so if they are worn out your only option previously was to replace the complete frame. So in that respect its very good news that these will be available shortly.

Animaldaz

1&onlygti-r said:
ive waited about 5-6 months for it to come back wanted to get it back together besides whos going to look underneath, looks or performance.
Hmm the MOT tester maybe??

ashills

bet that subframe is just the same as 70% of gtirs in uk they wouldnt fail that in a million years get back to scooby net you lol