Power Station BumpSteer Kit

O

olidaviesuk

Hi All,

Was thinking of buying this then I found out it was being sold for £100 :?

after having a look at the pics all it seems to be is:

2 x Female Threaded Metal (ballrace) balljoints,

2 x Connection Bars with a chamfuer machined on one end (exactly the same as the old trackrod spline that fits to the hub)

4 x Nylox nuts and Washers,

Without all the technical jargon essentially this lowers the position of the trackrods and also removes all play hence reducing bumpsteer......

So these should cost:

2 x Aurora balljoints (ballrace) - £11 each
2 x Connection bars - about £10 each from your happy local enginnering shop.
4 x Nuts & washers - £1

So gives you a total of about - £43

Am I missing something important.......................? :?

Also if someones got the kit (and its not on the car) if you could give me some measurements of the connection bars......

Might be worth getting a batch made if the savings are worth it ?

Nad

Yes, u can get the kit from C11gtr I think, well Gordon anyway and its meant to be more robust than the Powerstation kit.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
olidaviesuk said:
Hi All,

Was thinking of buying this then I found out it was being sold for £100 :?
The Power Station one is around £200, the cheap one that a forum member had made up is £100 :wink:

G

GAZ P

I picked up on this in an earlier thread on handling, £200 is a bit steep when you could buy the parts for less than £50 :x Someone is making a tidy profit out of R owners with this kit :cry: I work next to an engineering firm who could easily knock up a simular kit for a lot less if I had the dimensions (hint hint) :wink: :wink:

ShayneG

hasn't this debate been brought up before though and no one actually came up with a fully tested kit that was better than powerstations

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
ShayneG said:
hasn't this debate been brought up before though and no one actually came up with a fully tested kit that was better than powerstations
The kit c11gtr has made up is better from the point it's half the price :wink: it's allegedly more robust too. :)

ShayneG

Fast Guy said:
ShayneG said:
The kit c11gtr has made up is better from the point it's half the price :wink: it's allegedly more robust too. :)
Now where did I stash that £100 :roll:

O

olidaviesuk

By the looks of it im going to be making a set for myself over christmas :p , am also fitting my new topmounts and having the car 4 wheel aligned by a top notch motorsport place up by brands hatch which some of my friends have used with good results.

They have the kit to measure bumpsteer so will let peeps know what kind of difference my one makes.

It really shouldn't be to difficult to replicate powerstations kit. The tricky bit is replicating the hub inserts so there is absoultely no play at all between the rosejoint and hub, this is nothing that a machine shop should have any problems in machining though. :roll: