Power options

MyGti-r

Hi, I’m new here so please excuse me if I’m incorrect for asking the following question. Just about to pick up a Nissan pulsar gti-r and will be intending on attending a fun day/track day very soon with it. I’d like to know who’s best to take the car to for power modifications, engine and ecu. I’m located in Herefordshire. Many thanks

Cathode

Not sure who’s best. Abbey motorsport in Oxsted south of London have a fairly long history of tuning Nissan cars in general including the Sr20DET in all their revisions but they’re a fair way from Herefordshire.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Hi, I’m new here so please excuse me if I’m incorrect for asking the following question. Just about to pick up a Nissan pulsar gti-r and will be intending on attending a fun day/track day very soon with it. I’d like to know who’s best to take the car to for power modifications, engine and ecu. I’m located in Herefordshire. Many thanks
There is so many questions here!

What kind of condition is the car in?

What kind of condition is the engine in? (modified, stock)

If you are looking to head to the track, has there been any modifications such as suspension, brakes, cooling etc?

What are your plans for the car long term?

Have you got any ideas of what you want to do with the car?

Have you researched the car before you bought it?

Have you got DEEP pockets and a room full of money like Scrooge McDuck to spend on the car to keep it going?

Are you mechanically minded?

Oh and "tuna" shops are renowned for charging, so make sure if you use them, you know what and why they are billing you for the work they are doing!