power fc!

coxie

all the people who have power fc's can you tell me how much difference it has made to your car and when more mods come how easy/much is it to map the mods into it.

does the drivability improve drastically

have you gained more torque and bhp(not as important to me i like torque)

the reason i ask is i am going to look in to buying one next week and want to know if it will make as much difference as what ive heard

thanks in advance
stu

O

Odin

when I fitted my Motec and front mount not a power FC I know :wink: .

I gained 50 bhp and 70lb's of torque 8) :lol: .

rob

coxie

what kind of price is the motec fitted and mapped and what is better about the motec over the power fc :?:

E

Edd

Vpulsars motec was £2700 fitted and mapped i believe :shock:

I think the motec gives better torque than other setups buy you do get the very irritating cold start problem. And a rather lumpy idle in the morning :eek:

Like a lot of things its down to the mappers as to how good it is.

MOtec supports launch control, antilag, multiple maps, and can control WI i think aswell.
Powerfc pro can support launch control however

A

antilag

actuelly motecs dnt suffer from the cold start problem thats just poor mapping basically

GINGA

The trouble with something like autronics, motec etc is they don't come with a base map specfic for the gtir so will take ages to setup properly for all running conditions and unless your tuner has already perfected his base map for the gtir engine its going to cost loads in mapping time trying to get every running condition set up perfectly :shock:
This is where the power fc and piggy back units come into there own as they either have a specfic base map for the gtir or they are just adjusting the setting of the standard ecu where it needs them which is normally at full throttle etc so leaves the cold start,cold running, cruise, over run, throttle enrichment etc etc alone and simplifes the setting up 8)

A

Anonymous

Guys,

How does the HKS Fcon Pro compaire to these and who in the Essex area can map them?

Cheers,
Dunc

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Duncan said:
Guys,

How does the HKS Fcon Pro compaire to these and who in the Essex area can map them?

Cheers,
Dunc

I've heard that its very good IF you can get someone to map it properly... Japs are very good with these things...

Abbey Motorsport and TDi can map these... I'd head to Abbey though...

Abbey Motorsport
Stonehall Farm
Woodhurst Lane
Oxted
RH8 9HJ

Tel: 01621 858856

Not too far from where you are...

Rishi

A

Anonymous

Coxie said:
all the people who have power fc's can you tell me how much difference it has made to your car and when more mods come how easy/much is it to map the mods into it.

does the drivability improve drastically

have you gained more torque and bhp(not as important to me i like torque)
our cars come with a VERY safe map as std ie it`s rich just about everywhere in the rev range.if you fit a power fc,or any other ecu for that matter,and you mapper knows his/her stuff,you will get very good gains in driveability,torque and prob power as well.you won`t believe it`s the same car until the clutch starts to slip right away or prob very soon after getting it mapped.

iirc,a std car will make approx 200lb/ft of torque.i`d expect that to rise by an easy 10-15% with a power fc and a good mapper.

A

Anonymous

As far as I know no one outside the HKS pro dealers in japan can tune the F-con V Pro as HKS will not release the software. I think the F-con S can be tuned but has no were near the functions of the Fcon V Pro. You would have to fly some one out to tune it. this problem is really hurting the computers sales in the US and Aus.

People are trying to develope software as they did for the power FC.

N

Ninja_tune_factory

i think the guys at option motorsport can map the hks fcon prov they use mostly hks parts on there cars , ring them if you want a fcon mapped .