Power FC Suitability

A

Anonymous

Hi Guys, this is my first post on this forum, after months of reading it.

I am from Brisbane, Australia. I have recently come across an AP engineering Apexi Power FC, for a fairly cheap price (AU$1000).

Here are my modifications:-

3" Exhaust turbo back Exhaust
K&N Airpod (will make a cold airbox around it)
600x300x75 bar and plate intercooler
Turbosmart single stage Gated Boost Control Valve (with low boost
set at 7psi, and high boost set at 15psi)
17" Wheels with Falken Ziex 205/40's
Front & rear strut braces
Racebrakes metal brakepads (front and rear)

It seems that not many gtir owners here in Australia have them fitted, and i was after your feedback on the power fc.

1. Is it easy to install?

2. Do the base maps let you start and drive the car safely?

3. Would this be a wise investment if i was going for around 220kw at the wheels?

thanks for your help guys.

also, here are pictures of my car :)

http://www.gtiroz.net/gallery/Overclockerz-Supplies

j10gtr

The power fc is a good piece of kit. The standard map would be ok but i wouldnt run much boost. The ap power fc is a direct fit just undo the bolt from the standard ecu and unplug the wiring connector the plug the wiring connector into the power fc and and tighten the bolt.

The whole idea of a replacment ecu is for full remapping so get it mapped.

There is software available that allows mapping, monitoriing and logging of the powerfc called datalogit .

I would reccomend a powerfc from the results i have seen from these.

But the results realisticaly will be as good as the person that maps it.

Thanks
Paul

A

Anonymous

hey troz, im from birs as well, who u got working on the car.
ive been using apc for just under a year, and just spoke to one of them there about a computer i mentioned the fc, and he said haltech would be the way to go..as its easy to tune and make changes after further mods.
also that $1000u have quoted have u added the 25%tax on top of that when it arives here in aus, and does that include the hand controller for the fc?????

did u get your front mount done in brisbane if so do u mind me asking who did it and approx price????? looks good....
Luke..

A

Anonymous

gtir_luke said:
hey troz, im from birs as well, who u got working on the car.
ive been using apc for just under a year, and just spoke to one of them there about a computer i mentioned the fc, and he said haltech would be the way to go..as its easy to tune and make changes after further mods.
also that $1000u have quoted have u added the 25%tax on top of that when it arives here in aus, and does that include the hand controller for the fc?????

did u get your front mount done in brisbane if so do u mind me asking who did it and approx price????? looks good....
Luke..
Ive been using motsons so far, but will have to go elsewhere for tuning, as they dont have a 4wd dyno.

The power fc im getting is already here, so i wont have to pay tax on it, only shipping from melbourne, which shouldnt be more than 20 dollars.

Also, it doesnt come with the hand controller. Also, i have heard that the haltech is a good unit, but isnt it much more expensive?

I was thinking about going the wolf plug in
http://www.wolfems.com.au/news/pluginecunews

still not entirely sure on what to do.

Ah glad to hear some aussies in gtiroc.
Coz wanna ask your oppinion of the Microtec LTX series?
I was wondering if i should consider investing in one but i heard it is quite crude and not that refined. And is it still streetable as an ecu in terms of cold starts and so on.

Oh btw if i go for Haltech should i get the E11? But i heard it doesnt come with base maps.

Anyway if u go fully proggie what do u guys normally use? MAP sensor primary and with TPS to assisit or just use an AFM from the Z32?
Cheers.