Poor fuel economy

N

nismotuner

I got poor fuel economy, anybody here have tricks to upgrade fuel economy for Pulsars???

Well sound like a newbie post but I want to know if anybody got binary files that r tuned for fuel economy

Last edited by a moderator:

CanadianR

LOL put your flame suit on buddy.

The way I look at it, and I'd guess most do as well, is that the best "upgrade" for your fuel economy esecially in a turbo car, is a lighter foot. :lol:

I have just grown used to the idea of not looking too long at the amount on the gas bar stub. Makes the day just that much better knowing you have a full tank of petrol and not *really* caring what it cost to put in.

Gas could always be cheaper, and I'd be just that much happier.

EDIT: I should add, I mean the above in the most polite manner. :)

Last edited:

davey red.r

yeah take the engine out,and replace it with a micra 1.5 diesel engine that should help your economy:lol: or use it once a month,:lol:

carlengerer

Best upgrade is a standalone ECU like the haltech with closed loop control using a wideband sensor.

By fitting an oxygen sensor (pref wideband) to the exhaust system of an engine, the ECU is able to perform corrections based on
feedback from the O2 sensor to maintain a consistent air-fuel ratio around the stoichiometric mixture. The
stoichiometric mixture is when exact amount of fuel is provided to consume all the oxygen of the air drawn into
the engine, without any unburnt fuel remaining after combustion. Using closed loop fuel control adapts for small
variations in fuel quality and day-to-day running, provides better fuel economy and lower emissions. Closed loop
control does not compensate for poor tuning however, and only allows for small mixture changes that are already
close to the correct target mixture.

Last edited:

nimhbk

i was getting 80 miles out of a tank, lol checked me hose clamps to find they were very loose, now nice and tight i am getting at least 180 miles

John

geoff pine said:
Notice the other day shell v power is now £1. 08per litre
Haha you think thats expensive, its £1.14 per litre where I live and has been higher than that!

You may aswell forget about mpg in a turbo car, Im happy if I average 10mpg :doh:

PaulB

I know it sounds really obvious, but its just how the fuelling is setup in your car.

When i was running 1bar on my otherwise standard car, I only got 150miles to a tank round the doors, and about 180 on a run.
Now, with 390bhp and a proper map, i get 180miles to a tank, with right foot action round the doors. Theres also 220miles to a tank on a run, and thats sitting at 90mph+ too. Done that a few times on a run to/from Glasgow.

gtir_pimp

i get 120 miles to £50! got hks air filter, goose exhaust, walboro pump, and boost controller set at 1bar. thats driving sensible with the odd thrash. so would benefit from a rolling road tune maybe?

gtir_pimp

some people say not to waste money getting a tune up with these simple/basic mods as i wont benefit. pulsarboby for example!