Plugs for 300 bhp.

Matty B

Need to replace my plugs. Im only gonna be running about 300bhp. Seen some HKS ones, 70 pounds for a set. Surely i haven't got to spend that sort of money, have i. There are some NGK plugs on fleebay for 35 pounds, this sounds much better value. I suppose you get what you pay for though, basically im asking if i need expensive ones or cheap ones. Thanks. Matt.

houghy_1

Just for your information i think the HKS are actually the Denso plugs but rebranded (and re-priced!) by HKS.

Im running Denso IK24 and running around 1 bar.

Nothing wrong with the NGK ones at all maybe slightly better than the Denso ones?

Matt

T

turbophillie

i wanna get my car to tat sorta power wat do i need. i have a fmic everything else is standerd except the exhaust thanks

MORF114

walbro 255 fuel pump.
K&N Air filter
Set boost to around 1 bar amal valve or electronic controller.
colder plugs ,ie denso ik24 ngk 9's? or 8's cant remember the ngk ones.
And setup on rollers to check afr's and everything else is working fine just incase.

Im sure it has been asked hundreds of times before so im sure a search on here wouldnt go a miss.

houghy_1

As said above it would be quicker to do a search than wait for people to answer;-)

Id also add something like an Apexi S-AFC(Super Air Flow Controller)
that can be set at 500rpm intervals across the rev range to keep the air fuel raio correct;-)
Its ok to up the boost but you gotta look after the other aspects when you do.

2 ways to get an easy 1 bar are looping the oe boost solenoid pipe together or a dawes device.

Matt