pipe to map sencer

R

r5ben

ive been working under the bonnet of my R and found that the pipe that goes to the map sencer has snaped off :? what does it do and can the car be run with it broken till i can get one sorted ?? ( i think thats what its called ) it is the little black box on the inner wing on the passenger side near the back of the head light ?? need a fast reply please peeps :D

R

r5ben

i dont know :roll: its straight infront of the air filter on the inner wing ?? theres a small vac pipe that goes to it ?? well did its snaped off :cry:

LeeSmith

that's it mate, it goes from there to your Boost gauge, so if that's not working then you know why.

has the actual nipple snapped off? (the bit where the hose plugs on too)

R

r5ben

yes mate thats it its snapped off flush and the nipple is in the end of the pipe ??
the car seems to run fine but dont want anythin to mess up as ive only just run the new engine in :shock:

LeeSmith

I'm fairly confident you will be ok mate, as far as I know it just goes to the std boost gauge in the car. But obviously get some one elses opinion too!!!!

you may have to sort out the leak though. cos it'll be leaking air which you will not be able to run boost.

but as your running it you won't need it.
can't it be stuck back on with araldite (spelling???)

R

r5ben

ive sorted it now mate thanks :) just smothed the old nipple off drilled a little bit bigger hole in the bottom and got a vac pipe stainless staright joint heated it up and pushed it into the old hole soon as it was cool it was well sealed in 8)