PFC Boost controller Question

Hi all,

Double posted this in here and in the performance mods section as well. Was unsure which area it fitted into.

I've been running a Power FC Pro for some time now, but I just switched my EVC for the Power FC controller that can be used via the handset. I've been wanting to do this for a long time as the PFC seemed to be fighting the EVC and the dedicated PFC boost controller just seemed like a much simpler and tidier option.

I must say i was very impressed at how easy it is to plumb in, set up and operate. The car also feels smoother and quicker in the top end now too.

I just have one question. One the following setup menu:

i've set 1. to my target boost of 1.4, and reached 1.43 as shown on the controller's monitor. I'm unsure what to set the duty to (third column on the menu where it says 40 on the example above) Should i set it to the same as inj. duty under settings which is currently 65%?

I read on the PFC FAQ that if it makes the boost too easily, or overboosts to trim the duty down on the above menu.

I also read on the same site from PFC's instructions that if it's not the same duty setting as the one under inj. duty the car may hunt. Does that mean i lower them both?

Or, should i be happy where it is? Pretty spot on really. I just don't want to be chucking petrol in there for no reason!

Am i right in thinking it's asking for is a max duty value @1.4kg/mm2? In which case 65% is right for my injectors as that's what it's mapped to.

Thanks
Alex

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
1.4kg/mm2 is effectively 1.4Bar

The boost controller does it's best to hit target whatever the duty is set at.

The duty has the most impact when you are coming on boost. I normally target a little bit of overboost so the PFC controls back to the target rather than hitting below target that the PFC pushes up to. A little bit of overboost is fine, too much and the PFC will ignition cut anyway as a safety feature (0.1bar over iirc) .

It sounds like through a bit of luck you've got it right to me.

James

Thanks Jim. Long time no see by the way! Did a second gear run the other day and the car hit 1.6 and cut itself so I haven't got it right after all it seems! But worried about that.

I've plumbed it in like this- COM to wastegate actuator, NO to manifold and vacuum to the map sensor. Is that correct?