pedal box?

hks-r

no gears, new everything from clutch fluid/clutch masters slave etc

left hand side of the pedal box has moed away from firewall by about an inch-nly left hand side rivets still in too

weak clutch pedal support bracket too

so this is the reason why it gradually became harder and harder to get into gear

is this easy to fix?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Sounds like you need to start welding. - Potentially, yes. If the peddle box is moving, then you're not puting any work into the hydraulics (so the clutch isn't disengaging).

houghy_1

has anybody got any pics of the pedal box or of any sort of strengthenin or repairs they did. Im droppin my engine next weekend to change the clutch fork to one of boby's uprated 1's. Thought id do the pedal box while im at it. Iv got the RPS Max street clutch so no surprise with squeeking and clicking from the pedal.

P

pulsarboby

its a bitch of a job to do
you can do it by removing the clocks as johnsy said which allows you to get a welder in through the apperture but its very dicey and you can easily end up with a little bonfire if your not very carefull.....i generally get a load of soaking wet towels and try cover as much as possible and have an extinguisher close at hand.

to do the job in lets say a less stressfull way its better to remove the dashboard complete which then allows good access all around.
it also pays to throw the old pedal box away and use another good one as you will have weakened it hugely if its split from bulkhead, they are not very strong at the best of times

hks-r

yes a picture would be great, my pedal box looks ok its not snapped r anything it just that bottom left rivet has come out by about an inch ish

geoff pine

on a side note has anyone made a stronger Pedal box to replace the shitty one we have in our cars
I know little ghost (Alex Redhead)had his reinforced before it was re-fitted there should be photos on here some where. he sold the car to pulsar-boby the new owner was at the 20th reunion so its still knocking around boby,s part of the world .Alex is on the mods more than here he may still have the photos of how it was reinforced :thumbsup:)

Last edited:
I haven't got a picture of that I'm afraid. Perhaps the new owner might? And my last name is Redhead. Jeez Geoff, how long have I known you...!