"Passive Radiator" OE Speaker System

M

Mike202020

Hi,

Has anyone else got the Passive Radiator rear parcel shelf speaker system in their GTI-R?

Is it any good?

I haven't got a head unit in at present so haven't heard it. Looks a hefty piece of kit, so was thinking of taking it out, but if it sounds ok (Only really listen to radio ) I might leave it in.

Cheers,
Mike

oldaneal

its not bad got one for mine the big problem i had was it runs of the speaker outputs and it didnt like the new higher powered radios wound up fading it off alot, also not that well shielded so could hear when my moblie was going to go off

D

Diesel Fumes

I have this in my car but am unsure about the wiring for it. If anyone could post to help me that would be nice.

mprice501

Underneath the DDPR the is a 10 pin connector socket with a fuse next to it, the big cable running from it to the car has been taken apart, if anyone has one of these can they have a look and tell me which colour cables match the pins please as im connecting it back together.

oldaneal

no not any more if it used with a newer high wattage radio it will need the sound fading off as they arent made for much input

oldaneal

sorry been a frantic week and totally forgot about it, finding the cable and taking a pic now

first the car end

and the speaker end

Hope the pics show it the 3 with one missing go into the set of 4 on the speaker in the same position if the plugs are held next to each other and then there is a gap and the other 4

Last edited: