parcel shelf?

PUL54R

Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on my parcel shelf, it is a two piece type which has one part fixed to the interior of the car and one part opens with the tailgate.
my issue is with the fixed part, it appears to have something missing on the top, could this be for speakers? as there arnt any speakers in the rear of my car. Also on the right hand side there is a white connector hanging down in the boot, could this be for the speakers.
I have tried looking for images of parcel shelfs but none look like mine. I dont really want to cut holes in my parcel shelf to fit speakers but i would like whatever is missing to be there.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Put a picture of your parcel shelf up. There was a factory rear speaker system, maybe your car had this at one time?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Yes, pictures speak a thousand words.

What do you mean "missing"? Like someone cut it out to put some 6x9s in, then took them out again; or like it used to have something screwed-down that isn't there any more?

I don't think mine is like yours because it just hinges on the two pins at the front and lifts with the boot lid. - I'd guess Carl is right and yours had the optional speaker box originally.

Mine is this style (I think):

Whereas this is the one for the "Dual Drive" speaker thing:

Even though this one has been removed, you can see where it used to sit.
It looks like this:

(Pictures shamelessly stolen from CanadianGTiR.com)

P

pulsarboby

yes you will have the shelf for the ddpr system in the bottom photo (thats whats missing lol) it has holes drilled in it for fixing points and the shelf had a centre split so you can access the boot as it was too heavy to hold the shelf up with tailgate open.
voila:-D

PUL54R

Thankyou for your help, know I know what I'm looking for. that is what's missing from my car.
Don't suppose anyone has one for sale?

P

pulsarboby

i did have 3 at one stage but think i sold them all, il have a look tomorrow to see if theres one left on the shelves but think not

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I got that wrong - mine is the other style. It goes up in the middle and down at the edges; that's the Pulsar one when you don't have the stereo. Maybe the other is actually a Sunny one?

darkyGTI-R

Mine is like pobody's (George) and has 2 holes where the original rare swivel speakers used to be I would imagine the importers whipped them out when at the port,they usually rip out what they can sell separate boost aftermarket boost gauges etc!

geoff pine

Mine is like pobody's (George) and has 2 holes where the original rare swivel speakers used to be I would imagine the importers whipped them out when at the port,they usually rip out what they can sell separate boost aftermarket boost gauges etc!
No that gets done on the boat by the crew while at sea :lol: :lol:

whytie

I didn't know there was a separate parcel shelf for the ddpr system. I have a ddpr system I'll mayby fit at somepoint. If anyone has the proper parcel shelf for sale send us a pm. Or I swap with one. I have one cut with speakers and one without.