Painted interior?

S

SunnyGTi2.0

Hi!

I was wondering if I should paint the interior of my sunny. Does anyone have a picture of a painted sunny interior? Preferably silver, but any colour would be good ;)

Thanks!

J

Jonny H

ive painted my interior blue, its easy enough to do but can be quite time consuming :cry: i'll take some pics n post them on here soon :wink:

Si..

do it the same colour as your car ( assuming its not black) my car used to be red and i thought it would be a bit to much but i done it anyway's and it looked quite good. :D

S

SunnyGTi2.0

si.. said:
do it the same colour as your car ( assuming its not black) my car used to be red and i thought it would be a bit to much but i done it anyway's and it looked quite good. :D
well.. my car _is_ black. The rarest colour of all :roll:

Thank you for the picture, caz! I think I might give it a go with silver. If it doesn't work out I can just get a hold of new parts for the dash.

jon_2410: Looking forward to seeing some pics of your blue interior!
Did you use filler to smooth the dash first, and then painted it, or did you just paint it?

I hope to get a surface as even as possible, paint it silver and put several top coats on it to make it shiny and good. Have you done this as well?

J

Jonny H

nah, just went straight in and painted it! although i had to sand down the gearbox surround coz the first attempt didnt go quite as well as the rest! :wink:

S

Sunny Nutter

here's a pic of mine,
complete with sprayed gater surround, top dash vents & the plate around the speedo!

and here is a pic of a blue one!

and here is a pic of a red one!

J

Jonny H

that blue one is exactly the same as mine! :D nice choice whos ever it is :wink:

S

SunnyGTi2.0

Sunny Nutter said:
here's a pic of mine,
complete with sprayed gater surround, top dash vents & the plate around the speedo!
Lookin' good Sunny Nutter!
How did you do it?
Did you sand it down first or just painted over?

Was it hard to spray the plate around the speedo?

J

jasegould

Ive painted mine but havent got any pics. I keyed mine up, sprayed it with plastic primer (very important!!) sprayed it with a high build primer and let it dry. I the flatted the primer with W&D800 to make it smooth and take out the texture then painted it as normal with 2k paint.
I know that not everyone has access to spray guns but the plastic primer i used was the same as u get from halfords and U Pol do a high build aerosol primer thats very good. Once the primer has been rubbed down just paint with cans as normal.
The alternative is just to plastic prime then paint straight over the top but the texture underneath will show thru

faz

Mine is identical to the red one! Same gear knob aswell...wierd!

Didnt have to prime it, just de-greased it and used plastic spray paint. It is designed for car interiors, costs a bit more but less hassle!

Faz!

A

Anonymous

My car is black, but I may still paint the same bits as pictured above in the gloss black of the car, instead of the dull matt black/grey of the dash.

Especially as I might be modifying bits for the Apexi etc