OVER HEATING????? What Could It Be

Well After the meet on Sunday in Maidstone, I noticed a prob on my car, Mike (AKA EX GTI-R) Has been kind enough to help but just wondering if anyone has any other idea's / opinions on the prob, mike is coming ronud later to check again and help further but the more help the better.

Prob happened when I noticed the car's fan belt squeeling and well loads of blue looking smoke came out through the vents. I pulled over and popped the bonnet and well the header tank was overflowoing onto the belt.... The temp gauge did not show over half although the car seemed to over heat... Anyway turned off and check connections and fuses as fans had not cut in and tried to drive home as not far away. About 1 min down the road the heat gauge read towards the H so pulled over and turned car off for safety reasons, RAC bloke turned up and said water pump may have gone, Mike being the good lad he is said that seems the thermostat jammed as the bottom water pipe on passenger side was cold. He came and took it out and well after a few checks the car stopped over heating and well the fans started working.

He has ordered me a new thermostat and is fitting this when I get back from holiday in a week but tonight we are testing the car with the orig thermostat that seems to be working when used in / over a kettle now.... If this does work and th4e car does not over heat again is this the only prob?

ANYONE ELSE FACED THIS OR NOT, If not anyone know how much a water pump is and where to get one asap...

I trust mike and hope it is just the thermostat so once the new one arrives we can fit it and all will be ok again..

Any advise will be great cheers lads... I am on 07766111627 if anyone has any info they could provide me with as I am new to this car....

Cheers

Well head gasket ok, so if not the thero than water pump hey? any price idea's what I will be looking at, Mike's fitting what needs to be done but price for pump needed.

M

Mr Overboooost

Carl Hammond said:
Well head gasket ok, so if not the thero than water pump hey? any price idea's what I will be looking at, Mike's fitting what needs to be done but price for pump needed.
water pump is about £41 ish plus vat from nissan :)
heres the part number PUMP-WATER ASSY 21010-54C00
cheers
gary :)

zia

you can fit the thermo yourself it,s piss easy just three bolts and a pipe stick a new one in and bobs your uncle :wink:

it worn,t be your water pump because even without the thermo it be overheating due to lack of coolant flow.

zia

A

Anonymous

before anyone says a word i did show him how to but he was unsure so is said id do it
as the right hand pipe was stone cold when the fan were running ive said we will try the thermostat first as i still have a brand new water pump ready to fit if required.
i just off there now it only a mile from me anyway
mike
AKA ex-gtir version2 :wink:

A

Anonymous

fast guy give me a chance to get there first i will bleed it when i refit the thermostat
fast how are the pipes

A

Anonymous

its his water pump started fine then started squeaking then seized right in front of my eyes never seen one seize without leaking out the bleed hole first.

FECKING WATER PUMP, GAVE MIKE KEYS TO CAR AND GARAGE TO FIX WHILST AWAY SO REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT SAT WHEN I RETURN... MAY BE BACK BEFORE BUT MY BROTHER WILL BE IN MY HOUSE LOADS SO NOT LET HIM KNOW WHERE THE KEYS ARE AS DONT WANT HIM DRIVING IT AS HE LOVES THE THING,

CHEERS AGAIN FOR ALL THIS MIKE..... SEE YOU NEXT WEEK AND WILL HAVE THE CASH WAITING FOR YOU...