oil

GTIR1000

i know oil questions get asked all the time but the garage i went to the oother day reckoned putting fully synthetic in the r was wrong i had a debate with him told him about what people have said on here and he swore blind he would put 5w 30 semi synthetic in it as its an older engine what you lot reckon about this any comments would be helpful

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Nissan quite clearly state in the manual
5W20 should not be used at all and 5W30 should only be used in extremely cold conditions.

A

Anonymous

GTIR1000 said:
i know oil questions get asked all the time but the garage i went to the oother day reckoned putting fully synthetic in the r was wrong i had a debate with him told him about what people have said on here and he swore blind he would put 5w 30 semi synthetic in it as its an older engine what you lot reckon about this any comments would be helpful
there seems to be a lot of garages that say you are wasting money putting expensive fully synthetic oil into our old cars :cry:

you can understand the point they are trying to make but,a very high %age of our cars have been rebuilt or are running higher than std boost so still require the best of oils at the right grade and their recommendation for oil is just way off.

oilman

They're not helpful comments at all as it depends on the spec of the car and use.

Synthetics are not a waste of money on a highly tuned / modified / high performance car, it's INSURANCE!

Cheers
Guy

J

John Mc

I've just put Silkolene pro s 15w 50 into my car and it has made the engine quieter 8) Although I missed out on the group buy you've just set up Guy :cry: