Oil squirters of JE or CP forged pistons

neo2694

I have seen, erics sell a 1.2mm head gasket with 87mm bore size.

Can I fit this head gasket with 86mm forged pistons or this is just for 87mm pistons?

Thx

KF79GTIR

Right both of you are asking the wrong people if you message the bloke tell him where you heard of him and he will be able to answer all your questions just because things arnt listed in his shop doesnt mean he wont have or be able to get it...

J

jpward

nismo-400R said:
Yep there good to go

JE & Weisco are owned by same company both have oil squiter clearance
CP have shorter skirts (thats why pervy bob likes them) but less of a dish which i was told cuts down on swirl and turbo'd motor work best with dished pistons.

JE's have only a slight recess and are only about $499 with Eric's but either will do the job ;-)

J

jpward

neo2694 said:
I have seen, erics sell a 1.2mm head gasket with 87mm bore size.

Can I fit this head gasket with 86mm forged pistons or this is just for 87mm pistons?

Thx
Yes they now do 2 types of 1.2mm the normal cometic and the high pressure cometic one both are 87mm you only need the next size when using 90mm pistons ;-)

KF79GTIR

Also just thought i would my engine builder has rebuilt a lot of lumps with all different pistons and has found that the JE's score the bores less than any other pistons he has used.

J

jpward

KF79GTIR said:
Also just thought i would my engine builder has rebuilt a lot of lumps with all different pistons and has found that the JE's score the bores less than any other pistons he has used.
Piston should not score the bore :shock:

Perhaps he means the Je's expand less than others but propper clearance should see all pistons behave the same and not score!

CruiseGTi-R

JE's expand more than other pistons (in fact they're noisy on start up until warmed and expanded a little).

JE suggest 0.1mm piston to cylinder clearance, don't know if this is particularly more than other pistons?

stumo

Nismo, i'd ring them if you're unsure about anything, heck i ring anyway and you might get a discount if you're cheeky enough.

Erics performance phone number 001-877-772-0338

Don't forget the time difference:lol:

O

Odin

stumo said:
Nismo, I'd ring them if you're unsure about anything, heck i ring anyway and you might get a discount if you're cheeky enough.

Erics performance phone number 001-877-772-0338

Don't forget the time difference:lol:

Yes and I'd ask for a discount, My cp's only cost me $499 from JGYcustoms but that was a few years ago, But I'd of thought they'd of gone down in price not up :cry: .

Rob

P

pulsarboby

yep you need to put in your best offer price! i ended up getting mine for £248 and that included delivery, dont be frightened to just put an offer in

J

jpward

Odin said:
Yes and I'd ask for a discount, My cp's only cost me $499 from JGYcustoms but that was a few years ago, But I'd of thought they'd of gone down in price not up :cry: .

Rob
Someone forget to tell you price of base metals has went up quite a bit in the last 3-4 years due to the surge in China's manufacturing!

But i get your point ;-)

But you can really compare JGY and Eric service wise! :lol:

P

pulsarboby

cp pistons will 110% fit
if they dont then your welcome to beat me round the head with a bucket of warm wet soapy bananas, and then give me a damn good hiding afterwards:lol:
im that confident;-)

J

jpward

pulsarboby said:
cp pistons will 110% fit
if they dont then your welcome to beat me round the head with a bucket of warm wet soapy bananas, and then give me a damn good hiding afterwards:lol:
im that confident;-)
Interesting term there bob :lol:

boost

Apolgies for bringing up an old thread but Off hand do you know if wossner pistons clear the oil squirters?

thankyou