oil pressure

whytie

Just noticed my oil pressure gauge acting up.

When starting car up oil pressure goes to 3 bar then sits at 2 bar, But doesnt move when i rev car just sits steady at 2 bar. Ive ordered some fresh oil pro 10w/50. Seems strange it sits nice on idle at 2 bar thou.

Smo

The standard gauges are full of shit anyway mate! If you're concerned fit an aftermarket gauge and have a looksee. Stock oil pressure on the GTiR is just 11psi when warm (yeah I know, but it's true). With my Defi gauge oil pressure when warm is 1.3bar with ACL bearings (RB26).

whytie

I have aftermarket gauges I'll fit when I do the oil change, just seems strange as I'm sure pressure used to be better.

Trip

The standard gauges are full of shit anyway mate! If you're concerned fit an aftermarket gauge and have a looksee. Stock oil pressure on the GTiR is just 11psi when warm (yeah I know, but it's true). With my Defi gauge oil pressure when warm is 1.3bar with ACL bearings (RB26).
Stock oil pressure is definitely not 11psi. Mine sits around 2bar (30psi) when fully warm.

pulsarmoley

Mine is currently running 10w40 and that reads 2 bar on idle and four giving it plenty of right foot (when warm), thought this was about right for this viscosity?

johnny gtir

it could be many other things and probably is but my oil pressure droped checked everything i could things like the level etc wires onto sensor everything i could nothing. did a oil change not that it needed it no difference so thought no more of it foot down one day backed of done a good few mile 60mph ish car cut out bottom end gone did not go bang just slow death . turns out the oil pump had seperated inside not broke just parted a few mill pressure drop. i would never of found it without parting the engine anyway but the warning something was wrong was there cost me a engine. not saying you have this problem at all but that was my experiance

Trip

The OE oil pressure warning light is too low (around 5psi) and if it goes ON it would be already too late for the engine. I changed mine for a 1bar sensor.

geoff pine

I changed my gauges for spa digital ones get 5.9 bar up to 6.2 on start up drops to 2.5 at idle then depending on revs around 4.6 that's with a brand new oil pump and cover . . As Trip says 11 psi seams low