Oil Pressure/Temp and Water Temp sensor threads

watoga

Hello everyone,

I have searched high and low for the information I need including the FAQ section and my GTi-R manual (on CD), but unfortunately I still haven't found the right information. Basically, I've bought new aftermarket gauges with electrical senders and need to know some information in order to fit them:

1 - I know where the Oil Temp Sensor is located, however I do NOT know the thread/pitch of the standard sensor. The new gauge comes with a 1/8 NPT and a 1/4 NPT adaptor. Will any of these fit the current "hole"? If not I can always obtain an NPT/BSP adaptor, so does anyone know the Oil Temp Sensor thread/pitch?

2 - Same thing really for the Oil Pressure Sensor. The new gauge comes with a 1/8 NPT and a 1/4 NPT adaptor, but I have no idea if these will fit the current block! So does anybody know the Oil Pressure Sensor thread/pitch?

3 - Same thing really for the Coolant Temperature Sensor. I know where it is (the gauge sensor and not the ECU sensor!) but have no idea what it's dimensions are! So does anybody know the Coolant Temperature Sensor thread/pitch?

I assume that many people before have done gauge swaps so I hope this shouldn't stump many people! If anyone has done this before, is it easy to get at the three sensors I've mentioned? Does removing the oil filter and front-right wheel help to gain access to the sensors? If it seems too difficult to get access to (or the current sensors are super-hard to get off) then I could always put the oil pressure/temp sensors on the oil lines running to the Mocal oil cooler. Would this be acceptable too and give accurate readings?

Thanks for any help you guys can give!!
Dave :? :? :? :?