Oil leak on drive shaft

dal.a

Ive got a small leak on my pass side drive shaft its def gearbox oil and its starting to make a mess on the drive does any one know the cause and how to fix it and is there an easy way to check the oil level ?

M

Mart

no easy way to check gearbox oil, on level ground fill it till it spills, then u will know how much wasn't in it :D .

MarkTurbo

That'll be the rubber seal where the shaft go's into the gearbox :wink:

The oil level should be up to the filler plug on the front of the box. Just fill it til it starts to run over. Just over 4 litres if i remember correctly.

dal.a

Are these seals hard to change and are they a main dealer part, anyone know their proper name and how much they are :?: I think thats enough questions :roll:

O

Olly

I have that seal on the shelf pretty sure passenger front driveshaft oil seal. If you want it PM me, easy to fit if you know how. Or you could ask me or Mike as he's nearer to you surely??????

dal.a

Cheers olly ive orderd it from nissan and should get it tomorow im gonna give it a go myself and just hope it goes ok.Ive heard alot about mike wheres he from just in case i need him in the future?