oil in inlet

whytie

I recently changed my turbo due to my inlet side full of oil. The turbo i put on was mint but im still lossing loads of oil. Again my inlet side is dripping with oil. When i take of the pipe next to turbo its full of oil but not sure if its running down my inlet hose and just sitting there.

What use guys think is the next step?

skiddusmarkus

If its in the inlet then its coming from the crankcase breather into the induction pipe-you still have the standard black one I presume?If so, this is what its meant to do.If you are getting shedloads though it could be your rings letting blowby gases past, but it doesn't sound like your turbo is the problem.

whytie

Yeah still got standard black pipe on, It is a fair bit of oil. Next step i guess check the plugs and compression test?

skiddusmarkus

Well a quick check is to take the oil cap off and sniff inside.If it really pongs of exhaust or petrol you may have a problem.Compression test is a nice easy one to do yourself after that.

Are you having to keep topping up the engine with oil?You might not even have a problem at all.