OIL FILTERS?

Shaun

:D Hi Guy's,anyone know which oil filter i should use,the normal one listed for the pulsar or the smaller one listed for the micra :?: :? as they both fit :!:

H

hijacker1

use the standard nissan one for the pulsar!i used the halfords one and that fit but when i started the car for the second time the oil started to leak from it because the rubber seal around it moved although alot of people do use the halford ones.

J

J-GTi-R

The correct Nissan GTi-R one is also a Micra filter apparently.

M

Mr Overboooost

heres the part number OIL FILTER 1520870J00 £5.20

cheers
gary :)

G

GTI-R Kid

J-GTi-R said:
Yes it is. I remember when i last bought one the guy in the dealership was wary of giving the filter to me as he was concerned it wouldn't fit. :D

A

Anonymous

Im surprissed they use the same one as the micra :) Gives you an option though 8)

J

J-GTi-R

GTI-R Kid said:
J-GTi-R said:
Yes it is. I remember when i last bought one the guy in the dealership was wary of giving the filter to me as he was concerned it wouldn't fit. :D
Yeah that's exactly what happened to me, the guy said it's a Micra filter and wanted to know if I was sure it was the right one (I supplied the part number). Same part number as Gary mentions, so yup a Micra filter.

P

Phil_d74

:? I have had some problems using none nissan oil filters, so standard nissan ones all the way for me :!:

Shaun

:D Well the reason that i had asked was because when i purchased my pulsar it had a micra filter on it(didnt know at the time)so went to nissan and asked for a filter for a pulsar and they gave me one approx twice as long as the one that was on :!: I questoned this with the person at the parts dept and he said it was the right one :!: Anyway to cut a story short i asked the guy i bought the car off and he said he was told to use the micra one as it improved oil pressure :!: So anyone know :?: