oil filter leak

H

hijacker1

about a week ago oil leaked out of the oil filter and all of it come out,since then i bought a new oil filter and put new oil in again.when i started the car it was ok then when i slighlty reved it again it just happened again,all the oil stard to come out and i quickly switched the engine off.does anybody know y its doing this?could it be the oil pum,i hope its not.? :( :(

J

jasegould

Did you oil the seal before you fitted it? Does sound strange, are you sure its the filter thats leaking?

H

hijacker1

yeh oiled it,its defo the oil filter as it happened before.all i could hear was a squirting noise which was the oil squirting out.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I think someone had a cracked oil pump housing recently. Have a check around as the oil could be falling on the filter from above.

Are you using Nissan filters and what oil do you use? I guess it might be possible if you get a high pressure on start up to blow a cheap crappy filter.

Make sure you clean the mating face where the seal sits as well.

H

hijacker1

it happened on the nissan filter and on the halfords one,just bought another nissan one 2day.do you have any idea of how much the oil housing costs?at thge time 10w40 was in it but it wasnt being driven on that,it was just put it from the last time it leaked to see if it was the oil filter,normally put 10w60 in.

H

hijacker1

just put a new nissan filter on and filled the oil up,its fine now :D :D :D :D :D :D .