Oil cooler

chrisniss91

Whats involved in fitting an Top mount oil cooler :?: Is it a big job :?: Does'nt look it by looking at pics. I might get one very soon just wondered what type of price for fitting i should be looking at :)

S

Sirnixalot

if you can change your oil filter you can install an oil cooler

S

Sirnixalot

yeah there is an adapter that you screw onto the bit for the oil filter on the block then the oil filter screws onto that.

2 lines come out of the adaptor plate that go to the oil cooler...just mount the cooler tighten the lines and there you have it

chrisniss91

On SRB powers website it list 13 , 16 or 19 row cooler's would there be much benefit getting the bigger cooler for top mount :?: or is the 13 row top mount okay

S

Sirnixalot

the 13 is sufficient but if you live in a hotter climate....(in england yah right!) the 16 would be all you need....if you road race the car alot get the 19

chrisniss91

Whats all your views on Top mount or front mount oil cooler?Must be better in the front due to hot air rising into the top mount. If in the front where abouts :?:

skiddusmarkus

I think it's better airflow on the front(that's where mine is),but if you have even a minor prang on the frontend and hole it,then you're not driving home :? .

S

samellio

Chris,
I'd only reccomend going for the front mounted oil cooler (top mounted cooler didn't work very well on last car round track)..
I was advised that a 19 row cooler can effect the oil pressure...
Cheers,
Sam

PS my 16 row fm seemed to work fine on track- vast improvement over standard :)