oil cooler question

Godzilla

going to order a mocal one i think but want to get it not as a kit but seperatly as for one due to current situation i cant afford to just buy the full kit together ,

anyway the question is are the mocal ones any good

im guessing the more rows the better, also what fittings should i be getting on it 1/2" BSP or 5/8 thats what most say on ebay.

i suppose it dont matter as long as the hoses and sandwich plate aree the same right,

cheers

rayman75

you can by everything on ebay sepretly for alot cheaper than, cooler, sandwhich plate, and you can get the hoses made up at your local hydraulic hose place. bought my lot for around £90 new.

the size is 1/2"

noriek2003

i use push fit fittings on fuel lines but i would not use them on oil lines tbh, they have been known to pop off and you do not want that happening on an oil line :shock:

GTIR-LOZ

dont get too big as your oil will not heat up enough most use 16 row but you could easily go 12 row with not too much heat

GTIR-LOZ

i run 433hp and the 16row does not get over 70-80 on a run i would prefer that to be 80-90 but i guess if i was tracking the car lot then i would be justified in my 16 row one

i would imagine i would be using the same size cooler if i had 533hp

Godzilla

im confused now u can get sandwich plates for coolers and for senders for gauges but can u et one that allows both sender and cooler

rayman75

the difference is in the seating on the cone, one is like inverted (bsp) and the other sticks out (jic) the threads are NEARLY the same on some sizes. your best to stick to BSP as its most widely used in this country anyway. i think jic stuff is used in japland.

bsp

jic

its the best i can do on the pics im afriad, but you can see the difference on the seating of the cones.