Oil cooler on cross member ..

Tim

I've drilled and tapped 4 holes on the cross member, however there isn't a great deal of material on a couple of the holes and the bolts won't nip up tight..

I've seen coolers mounted here before, can someone give me a better understanding of how they have been fitted?

Regards

Tim

Tim

Am i going over kill or something with 8mm bolts?? :D

I assume you've not had a problem with it coming loose?

P

pulsarboby

its not coming loose i would worry about.

dont fix it so its rigid tim!!!
if you do then theres a good chance it will split and youll lose all your oil very quickly.
it needs to be fitted on some kind of rubber home made platform to allow movement and minimise vibration to the unit, thats very important!

Tim

Ok, i hadn't thought of that ...

Where do i buy some rubber from? I wonder if i can fashion the rubber from the a/c rad in some kind of way .. more thought needs to go into this then!

P

pulsarboby

go scrounge an old rubber car mat from somewhere and cut say 2''x1'' pieces out of it then glue them together and drill/bolt it right the way through but do not tighten the nuts right down it will then allow the cooler to move on its two damping pads

Tim

As with everything, if i could weld it would make my life so much easier!!

Looks like a trip to screwfix one evening to by some longer nuts and bolts, along with chopping up a bit of car mat!

Cheers guys

Tim