oil cooler kit where from

Jonesy

I got a 16 row mocal kit of ebay, no problems so far. Not running that sort of power. But im sure it will cope with it.

davey red.r

1&onlygti-r said:
where can i get a oil cooler kit which will cope with aprrox 450-500 bhp
theres one on fleabay
think its 21row or 24row
est 500bhp

davey;-)

Last edited:

Jonesy

Is the car getting used on the track mines only on the road so far. The only time my oil temps got to high without the cooler was at high speeds, used to back off when they reached 110 - 120 ish. With the cooler ive never seen temps above 80 - 90 ish, so it would probably be good enough. Maybe somenone running that sort of power might be able to tell you for definite.

Kev@Apex

We do kits that are universal oil cooler kits with remote filter too, they are decent quality and have 11,15 or 19 row cores. £149

I dont have any in stock but they are due in. The core sizes arent comparable to Mocal the 15 row core is similar in size to a 19 row Mocal (see further down post)

http://82.110.105.84/apexperformance.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=&products_id=1228&PHPSESSID=4f477c140848904bf0a900bd46c60778

I can also, with help from one of you guys, develop you a thermostatic kit using a mocal core and braided lines. I would need somebody to make the kit with rubber hose and chose a fitting location, so I could then have the braided lines made to the exact size for a GTiR.

I have done this before for the 200SX's @ £169 - If anybody would like to take on the job of devloping a kit like this for the GTiR drop me a PM or give me a call on 01274 683633.

http://82.110.105.84/apexperformance.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=&products_id=796&PHPSESSID=4f477c140848904bf0a900bd46c60778

O

Odin

I might be able to help you with the oil cooler kit location Kev, I'm just about to have new lines made up to suit my 19 row mocal cooler which is now mounted in the off side brake duct........

It all depends where most people would like to mount the kits really, I did have it at the front but the charge cooler rad is now located there, So the brake duct seemed the next most logical location....

Rob

Rob

Kev@Apex

Its normal to keep the standard water/oil heat exchanger when adding a extra seperate oil cooler for most cars. I dont know if the GTiR SR20DET does have a standard exhanger.

Odin - its the length of the lines to make I need, as braided lines are fixed lengths, but are musch better solution than rubber lines.

O

Odin

KevD said:
Odin - its the length of the lines to make I need, as braided lines are fixed lengths, but are much better solution than rubber lines.

No problem Kev, I'll get them measured once they have been made....

I'll also post some pictures up of the finished job.

Rob

ashills

KevD said:
We do kits that are universal oil cooler kits with remote filter too, they are decent quality and have 11,15 or 19 row cores. £149

I dont have any in stock but they are due in. The core sizes arent comparable to Mocal the 15 row core is similar in size to a 19 row Mocal (see further down post)

http://82.110.105.84/apexperformance.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=&products_id=1228&PHPSESSID=4f477c140848904bf0a900bd46c60778

kev any idea when the universal kits are due in ?