oil coler and filter relocation kit,

jjs

hi have a oil filter relocation kit and oil cooler to fit havent any instructions, i think the hoses should run from the centere of the new adaptor that goes on to where the oil filter used to be , then to the cooler inlet, then cooler out let, to the filter center connection then return from the side hose on the filter housing back to the side connection on the housing that bolts to the origional filter location, hope that makes sense LOL. Jim its a grex kit no thermostatic valve , used for competition only ,

Trip

1) Remove oil filter and install the sandwich plate instead.
2) Install oil filter on the sandwich plate
3) Install the oil cooler in place. (direct to fresh air stream).
4) Connect both oil pipes from oil cooler to sandwich plate.

R

riske

Link is dead. As trip has showed and explained is how it will go unless, like me, you have another sandwich for guages etc and cant fit the 2 on.

i need a filter relocation kit so i can run both.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trip

Hey Riskie, I am in the process(waiting the fabriaction) of removing the OE oil cooler and replacing that with the plate as shown by Sumo.

Plently of place to put the sensor sandwich

R

riske

Right is that gonna just be for yourself or you making some for others :-D

I have been looking at oil filter relocation kits but bit worried about the length of piping = loss in pressure etc.

Anyone have any thoughts? Sorry for hijaking

Trip

just for one, since i live in malta, it is not worth the price for doing and shipping them over.

All you need is a hollow shaft with 3/4UNF thread on the outside, i will update you with the length. A sandwich plate and plate cover.

I will update you once the fabricator finishes off the work.

jjs

hi im running the above set up with no loss of oil pressure , but is used on a car i use for auto cross . i take it trip canot see the diagram as he is not a paid up member ?

Trip

i can see it. its the one with the oil element movable attachment kit ?

I will use mine for sprints too. I was scared getting the thermostat plate (thermo block) to be 100% i won't loose pressure. After all my oil will be alwasy above 80deg during racing.