no spark

T

tonygtir

hey every 1 im in need of help asap i went for the first start there today but have no spark
im getting fuel to the injectors but they not releasing the fuel its as if the ecu not recieving the signal to release the fuel there is power getting to the coil so i was thinkin maybe its the distributor rota arm mite be playin up maybe some 1 could help me out
cheers Tony

T

tonygtir

will check that tomorrow lad cheers but is there anythin else you think i should try?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It could be the ECU itself.

I suppose it could possibly be a faulty aftermarket alarm if it's wired into the fuel circuit and ignition circuits to immobilise it.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Ignition amplifier is plugged into the reverse sensor (and vice versa)? Have you had the engine or gearbox out; that's an easy mistake to make because they're the same plug in a similar area.

T

tonygtir

i had engine and gearbox out i was told today at japfest about the two plugs could be mixed up i shall let you's know tomorrow i just hope its somethin simple like that

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
i had engine and gearbox out i was told today at japfest about the two plugs could be mixed up i shall let you's know tomorrow i just hope its somethin simple like that

If you'd have said that in the first post I'd have given the same answer PobodY did. I just read it as first start of the day, not after a refit.

T

tonygtir

switched the plugs but the timimg was out so i sorted that so all is good now :) thanks for the help guys