new stereo turning off

Godzilla

got myself a alpine idax300 and fitted it the other day but noticed when i turn left it goes off for a spit second then back on again just like when u go over a bump and the cd skips a beat(only it dont use cd its usb/ipod ) it is very secure but could it possibly be the connection blocks need insulation tape to keep em tight or something else

R

riske

could be that there is a lose connection. it also other things. Tell us more about your set up ie amps etc. This way they could play a part but it will probably that your earth connection isnt good. or speaker wires are touching causing it to cut.

pulsar craig

my first ever pulsar did the exact same thing but it was`nt specific to which way u turned it was just turning in general, but all conections were fine, never did find out what caused it

R

riske

well done craig! u have just given this guy no hope what so ever he mite as well get the razors now...lol

Godzilla

lol my stereo i took out was fine and all that is different is the head unit and connection blocks everything else is still the same i have rockford fosgate amp wires connected but no amp or subs , and 6x9 vibes also 5" vibes in doors thats it, i tried again before outside my house so dont think its a steering related problem as the car was not moving but it still did it , like its on a timer or something think it might just be a bad earth as i reved and it did it also when drving earlier put my foot down did it again,

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It sounds like electricity surge. It's the same as fuel surge and tends to happen on left handers. You'll need to mount your battery pick up lower in the car.
:bolt:

Does all the power go off? which would suggest a broken wire or possibly something moving and not earthing on bends?
Or does it just cut the sound like when a cheap cd player doesn't have an anti vibration buffer or whatever you call it.

red reading

my car was doing this,i found it was a speaker in the door not mounted properly and the connections were earthing out on the car door, worth a look

Godzilla

it totally powers off for a split second then back to the exact song seconds it was playing from originally , going to check all wires tomorrow as there are that many behind there pushing on each other (with having the ipod and usb connectors ) so might just be a loose one i hope, im not sure if it is an electricity surge as the old one never did it and this one did it on my drive with engine off and ticking over ,