new rear arches

EVOBAD

well most of us no about how bad the rear arches are on the gtir ,whats the best way of sorting them out ,replace whole arch ore just cut the bad stuf away :cry:

P

pulsarboby

get the grinder and cut it out then weld in new piece and treat the new metal, fill and spray!
job done

Fire & skill

Vintage member
i've done quite a few wheel arches on my previous fords - but ive tried so many places for a pattern part for a sunny and i cant find any

anyone know where to get one?

because at some stage we are all going to need this area on the car done - you can only tart it up so many times

KF79GTIR

I believe the 5 door sunny is the same i'm sure Steve Pudney has done this or has the info required hope this helps. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

EVOBAD

ther not that bad,iv seen alot of guys tend to leave the trims of after doing it as ther the problem

sadsy

I read a post the other day about the arches and someone had the bright idea of getting a pulsar front wing, cutting it off (enough to graft it into your 1/4 panel as you would anyway) the benefits are that you would have the same style lip and the holes for the spats (hopefully these holes will be in the same place!)
So this is a good idea, ive tried everywhere to get replacements aswell and ive yet to find a source, As a panel beater i reckon this is a good bet.
If you want a walk through talk through on how to fit rear arches il note it down for you but its a bit of graft!!