New design cheap ss manifold

nismoboy

gtirx2 said:
Its no worse than the other style manifold avalible for the R tho surely.
its no better either, it will crack and will flow less than a standard one, the standard manifold will flow 400hp no problem and wont crack, keep the stock mani, money is better spent else where tbh.

gtirx2

nismoboy said:
its no better either, it will crack and will flow less than a standard one, the standard manifold will flow 400hp no problem and wont crack, keep the stock mani, money is better spent else where tbh.
I do agree with most of that,that moneys proberly better spent else where and it will proberly crack.But imo the standard manifold will flow 400 odd brake but it still won't be that efficient you just have to look in one to see they are not overly great.
I only posted it up to see if anyone is running one and to see if they thought there was any gains,plus its another option from the other style manifolds that are about.

O

Odin

I don't think it's any better or worse than any other manifold, And it looks to at least to have the proper shaped exhaust port shape, And it will flow better than the standard manifold just because it has individual runners, Unlike the standard manifold.

And for £79 you can afford to buy a spare lol.

Rob

That is cheap! As Odin said, if it cracks you can buy a spare and still pay less than other manifolds :lol:

Considering one myself - how hard is it to change the manifold with the engine in situ?

gtirx2

It not to hard to change the manifold with engine in just fiddly,and you may need a couple of special home made bent spanners to get at some of the fittings.
As for the cracking of manifolds i am sure if you had a think and placed some thought out braces on it and uprated you engine and gearbox mounts the chances of it cracking would be far less.

azboy

the sound is so much better with a tubular manifold, ive only got a cheap old version, its a little more laggy i find but sounds so nice specially from 2 to 3000 rpm.

J

jpward

This is the same manifold as 2fast2cools!

Which such a good grp buy was done before :evil:

1, First lot came with round ports(exchanged at my P&P cost to find ports needed 5hours work still!)
2, Flanges turned out to be plated steel and not stainless (hence prone to cracking and also due to ~1.0mm wall tubes)

This is the price we should have been paying for one and not the £250 our special price was :doh:

Dicky Turpin rides again :roll:

O

Odin

jpward said:
This is the same manifold as 2fast2cools!

Which such a good grp buy was done before :evil:

1, First lot came with round ports(exchanged at my P&P cost to find ports needed 5hours work still!)
2, Flanges turned out to be plated steel and not stainless (hence prone to cracking and also due to ~1.0mm wall tubes)

This is the price we should have been paying for one and not the £250 our special price was :doh:

Dicky Turpin rides again :roll:

It isn't the same manifold d1ckwad :doh: :der: , Look at the shape of the ports and the welding is different as well, I should know I had four 2fast2cool manifolds ;-) .

And for £79 who cares if it's made of chocolate :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

EVOBAD

it looks just as good as the 2fast manifolds but if nobody has tested them u cant say ther crap its a bought time the price of 4branch came down even when you spend £600 they still crack

J

jpward

Odin said:
It isn't the same manifold d1ckwad :doh: :der: , Look at the shape of the ports and the welding is different as well, I should know I had four 2fast2cool manifolds ;-) .

And for £79 who cares if it's made of chocolate :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob
My replacement came with oval ports :roll: I see the slight difference in pipe run (#1 and 2 swapped) but its still the same design of using plated steel flanges which saves about £30 overall ok for £79 quid not so good for what we all had to pay! :evil:

O

Odin

jpward said:
ok for £79 quid not so good for what we all had to pay! :evil:

Even the group buy 2 fast manifolds where very cheap at the time :roll: , You would still need to pay £800 for a good one, Mine was $1500 :doh: .

Its just the same thing that happened with the S14 manifolds, They came down in price to around £50 in the end :shock: 8) .

Just supply and demand and the fact that the market is nowing being flooded with these chepo chinese manifolds ;-) .

You can't moan about something just because you paid more for it a year ago, Prices always come down in the end.

Rob

Dooie Pop Pop

gtirx2 said:
It not to hard to change the manifold with engine in just fiddly,and you may need a couple of special home made bent spanners to get at some of the fittings.
flexi head ratchet spanners!8) or a wobble ratchet with the bendy attachment does the job;)

Last edited:
J

jpward

Odin said:
Even the group buy 2 fast manifolds where very cheap at the time :roll: , You would still need to pay £800 for a good one, Mine was $1500 :doh: .

Its just the same thing that happened with the S14 manifolds, They came down in price to around £50 in the end :shock: 8) .

Just supply and demand and the fact that the market is nowing being flooded with these chepo chinese manifolds ;-) .

You can't moan about something just because you paid more for it a year ago, Prices always come down in the end.

Rob
I know what you are saying Rob but I am not complaining about the prices now more the fact that i would happy pay£300 for a good quality Stainless one which they were supposed to be and turned out not :sad:

Everything in the front pipes i ordered up is stainless even the clamp, and all is thick walled anything less and there would have been remifications even at our great price!

MarkTurbo

Odin said:
You would still need to pay £800 for a good one, Mine was $1500 :doh:
$1500 and it was still a heap of shite :lol: :lol: :lol: Look at mine, £30 S14 manifold that i modified myself and it still hasnt cracked after 18 months on the car ;-) No need to spend £800 :lol:

O

Odin

MarkTurbo said:
$1500 and it was still a heap of shite

No not quite but yes it could of been better, It will work very well hopefully ;-) .

Rob

Lionel

iv seen marks manifold and it dus look good and fits well but u do get what you pay for in this game just look HOW many CHEEPO manifold are out there and how many crack and full apart.