Need to know ignition ON wire(s) in steering column.

CanadianR

^^ as stated, I am installing a turbo timer and need to find the ON wire for ignition, close to the steering column if possible. Is it the same colour wire as the one off the ECU? I know what that one looks like.

any help, colours, pictures or info is appreciated. Thanks.

P

petebann

you want an ignition feed. Take it straight from the ignition switch itself. have you got a test light/multimeter? if not i'll go look at the colours on mine tmrw....

CanadianR

yep its all good to go. actually the timer is coming out this weekend, where a remote starter and alarm will take its place.

Dooie Pop Pop

i was going to ask wether your alarm works with the timer:lol:

personally im not a fan of turbo timers, pointless gimmick:roll:

buy yourself an exhaust gas tempreture guage (egt) it' ll tell you when its safe to switch off your engine and you can keep an eye on the temps while running too;)

CanadianR

Dooie, I'm an important person.8)

Therefore I can't spend the time in the car waiting for the turbo to cool down. The timer allows me the freedom to save the time and make it to the places I need to be and see the people I need to see on time.;-):lol::lol::lol:

Dooie Pop Pop

CanadianR said:
Dooie, I'm an important person.8)

Therefore I can't spend the time in the car waiting for the turbo to cool down. The timer allows me the freedom to save the time and make it to the places I need to be and see the people I need to see on time.;-):lol::lol::lol:
pmsl! :lol: :lol: :lol:

i must be getting old:shock::doh: i just slow down before journey' s end and cool it down whilst moving:oops:

stu