Need engine management and mapping

G

gagge

Hello as some of you might know Ive bought J-GTI-R's red R.
Now Im slowly starting to rebuilding and tuning it. Need to find some kind of engine management system and someplace to set the car up. everything in sweden is really expensive so Ill probably come over to the UK to get it all setup. Just need to know what kind of engine management I would need and where to map it.

The engine mods will be as follows.

Forged rods
Forged pistons
555cc injectors
bigger turbo
HKS cams
FMIC
fuel regulator
HKS steel head gasket

I will be looking for about 350-400 SAFE bhp.

Please give me tips of engine management systems and places that can set the car up with the system. I already have a unichip laying around but that might not be enough to controll everything but Im not sure

moved - edd

E

Edd

I'd suggest going for 700cc injectors or maybe 600's
Apexi Power FC is the best option and value for money and most UK tuners can deal with it.
You could go Motec at roughly £3k fitted for the m48pro or autronics

G

gagge

Power FC it is then... Any tips of a good place to map it? prefer someplace close to harwitch as thats where the boat arrives...

E

Edd

not sure where hartwich is :oops: but RC developments in warrington is your best bet :wink:

G

gagge

Rc developments it is then... any number or webpage to that place?

Must say edd... I start to like you again... :D

GINGA

gagge said:
Hello as some of you might know Ive bought J-GTI-R's red R.
Now Im slowly starting to rebuilding and tuning it. Need to find some kind of engine management system and someplace to set the car up. everything in sweden is really expensive so Ill probably come over to the UK to get it all setup. Just need to know what kind of engine management I would need and where to map it.

The engine mods will be as follows.

Forged rods
Forged pistons
555cc injectors
bigger turbo
HKS cams
FMIC
fuel regulator
HKS steel head gasket

I will be looking for about 350-400 SAFE bhp.

Please give me tips of engine management systems and places that can set the car up with the system. I already have a unichip laying around but that might not be enough to controll everything but Im not sure

moved - edd
I don't see any mention of a uprated gearbox :?:

G

gagge

hehe... the gearbox will follow as soon as the one in the car brakes, so no worries there...

GINGA

Out of interest how come you sold Adrian Cash's old car when all it needed was a uprated box to make it pretty much what your looking to do with J's old car :?: :?

skiddusmarkus

If you can source an FC,there's a guy in Scotland(Sam Elasser,mapped Bruce Spence's car) who travels to map cars.He often flys down to England to do this so maybe he would fly to Sweden.It will still be cheaper than you driving here.

G

gagge

Ginga... it was all about money. I didnt have any money when I sold Ash's car. Now I do, its as simple as that.

Ive found a Haltech E6H... anyone know anything abut it? any good?

Websnowbo

gagge said:
hehe... the gearbox will follow as soon as the one in the car brakes, so no worries there...
Wait a minute.........you moaned like a mother fcuker when the box went on Cashy's old car, now your gonna fix it when i breaks?!! Think you better think twice about what your posting in the future.................

GINGA

gagge said:
Ginga... it was all about money. I didnt have any money when I sold Ash's car. Now I do, its as simple as that.

Ive found a Haltech E6H... anyone know anything abut it? any good?
8) just wondered

G

gagge

Hello there dear websnowbo... To start of DO NOT CALL me a mother fucker. I am truly serious about that. If you call each other that over in the UK that is of your own business but and Im only saying this once more DO NOT call me a mother fucker. THANK YOU.

The second thing is please mind your own business, as I said above I did not have the money to fix the gearbox when I had cash's old car. My finiacial situation has changed since then and I can now afford this car and the mods Im planning. However I should not even be explaining this as it is none of your business.

THANK YOU

Ive now bought a Haltech E6H. Any one know of any tuning company good on the Haltech?

Cheers

Websnowbo said:
gagge said:
Wait a minute.........you moaned like a mother fcuker when the box went on Cashy's old car, now your gonna fix it when i breaks?!! Think you better think twice about what your posting in the future.................

Websnowbo

Firstly, Hang on.........i said you moaned like a Mother Fcuker not that you were one! Even if i did,i ts only a friggin phrase........dont have to take it to heart!

Secondly........posting on this forum is a way of discussing our cars problems, future mods, things we like etc etc and people critisis others for performing certain mods etc

So i brought up the fact that you complained in a previous post about the gearbox in your old car and the fact you wern't going to upgrade the box in your new car even though you are gonna chuck 350bhp through it and you tell me its non of my business?? Well if it's non of my business then post it on a friggin public message board!! Are you saying that any negative posts against you are non of my business??

G

gagge

Im just saying dont be so damn negative, I explained how come I didnt uprate the last gearbox. Its all about the money, hope youv understand.

Sorry about me getting mad but Im not used to those phrases as I live in sweden, however all critisism are welcome, I am open for ideas and suggestions.

Cheers

M

mozza

abit off topic!!!

just got my r - and it has apexi ITC, and HKS SAFR - would power FC make a big difference if i upgraded to this in future???