My radiator ducting pix

S

Sirnixalot

Its kind of a styling and tuning mod in one but it has more of a visual impact so i put it here. So here is the radiator and intercooler ducting...well the beginning of it anyway

It looks like its just the bottom of the IC but thats the sheet of aluminium. It reaches out to the front bumper

I will be making a splitter out of 1/4" plywood and bending some more aluminum over the bottom of the opening in the bumper for the IC and wraping it over the splitter to help direct more air through. I will probably spray paint it black....the aluminium stands out too much

Shift_Gears

G

GTI-R Kid

I can honestly say i have no idea what those pics are supposed to be.[:I]

Rob

S

Sirnixalot

lol....i finally get a reply![:D]

Those pix are from the under sude of the engine bay. THe bent bar is the engien cross member, where the front dogbone mount connects to. The black bit behind the shiny bit in the 1st pic is the radiator support/frame. I will take more pix this weekend after i have completed the side ducts. These will be secured to the side of the intercooler.

Their function is so that air will flow through the IC and rad that ther than through AND around it. Air follows the path of least resistance and now that path will be through the IC and rad core rather than around them.

Shift_Gears

G

GTI-R Kid

Even with the explaination i'm still a little lost.[:I]

I shall wait patiently to see the rest of the pics later before i trade in my brain for another one.[B)]

Rob

S

Sirnixalot

here are the finished pix. You will definately be able to tell what it does

Over view of the weekends work.

Side Ducting

The Other neater side ducting

Upper duct, fits on the bottom Kudos grill.

Under shot of the upper ducting

Tripple whammy, upper duct, new upper rad mount and new oil cooler mount

Again on the other side

How the upper rad mount it affixed to the frame

The other sides mounting points

Overview shot

Thanks Shayna for the use of the camera [:X](shes now demanding forum publicity![B)])

Shift_Gears

G

GTI-R Kid

It looks a lot clearer now, but i'm still slightly confused as to what you're trying to achieve? Is it aimed at channeling cold air to the back of the intercooler? The front of the radiator? Is there a huge piece behind the intercooler?

And what type of intercooler have you used?

And thank you Shayna for letting Nikko use ur camera.[:D] Whats next Nikko - pics of her feet instead of yours?[:D]

Rob

S

Sirnixalot

the ducting it so that the air will go THROUGH the intercooler and radiator rather than through AND around it. Air that goes around theintercooler and radiator dont cool the air or coolant. This just forces the air to work in my favour.

ohh and her toes are painted....that i will say, but my feet are more rugged[^]

Shift_Gears

G

GTI-R Kid

I'd love to know where you keep drawing these ideas from![8D]

So is the car nearly ready to return to the road?

Rob

S

Sirnixalot

after i get back from england its going to the manifold fabricators. Then it will have the exhaust manifold, IC piping and exhaust made/modified to work with eachother. October is when i think it will be up and running

Shift_Gears